Terminating a scheduled "Execute Process Task"

Terminating a scheduled "Execute Process Task"

Post by Simon Kir » Wed, 15 May 2002 18:18:48

Hi,

I have created a VB executabe that uses DSO to
programatically create a cubes aggregation storage, the
aim being to run this through the scheduler (and thus on
the server) as opposed to a client platform. I call the
script from an "Execute Process Task" in a package that I
then schedule.

When I start the scheduled job, the script executes
successfully, but the scheduled job fails to terminate,
i.e. it remains at status "executing", rather than
changing to "Not Running".

The package terminates successfully if I run it
interactivly, as opposed to through the scheduler.

This situation results in the script file being locked by
the process, and the only solution is to apply a timeout.

Can anybody suggest how I can pass a return code to the
scheduler from the VB script.

Many thanks
Simon Kirk
OLAP Analyst, BSkyB

Tel: 01506 485494

1. Terminating a scheduled "Execute Process Task"

[...]

2. How to determine exactly how long a job has been running

3. Trigger before

4. Scheduled Task Problem "Error 156"

5. ADOX Catalog append - No such interface supported ??

6. Skip a "Execute SQL task"

7. Speed of sendmail

8. The "OLAP Services Processing Task" button

9. dts cubes processing "Invalid processing option"

11. "Restore operation terminating abnormally"

12. "SQL service terminated unexpectedly" message