How to access Sql Server 7.0 using 16-bit ODBC drivers

How to access Sql Server 7.0 using 16-bit ODBC drivers

Post by Mike Roc » Fri, 02 Aug 2002 02:39:59

Are there any known problems accessing Sql Server 7.0
using 16-bit ODBC?  We are upgrading from Sql Server 6.5,
and I seem to be having problems (especially executing
stored procedures).  I have a large VB3 program that must
be moved on short notice, and the current database resides
on sql server 6.5, and the target database is on sql
server 7.0

If sql server 7.0 cannot be accessed with the 16-bit ODBC,

How to access Sql Server 7.0 using 16-bit ODBC drivers

Post by Steve Thompso » Fri, 02 Aug 2002 02:54:35

Mike,

Did a little digging and found the following link:
http://www.mssqlserver.com/faq/connect-dblib.asp

Apparently it is possible, however I would not recommend this solution. Port
your application and ODBC to a 32 bit platform. Consider replacing ODBC with
OLEDB for a more scalable solution.

Steve

> Are there any known problems accessing Sql Server 7.0
> using 16-bit ODBC?  We are upgrading from Sql Server 6.5,
> and I seem to be having problems (especially executing
> stored procedures).  I have a large VB3 program that must
> be moved on short notice, and the current database resides
> on sql server 6.5, and the target database is on sql
> server 7.0

> If sql server 7.0 cannot be accessed with the 16-bit ODBC,

1. 16-Bit ODBC Driver for SQL server 7.0 and 2000

Hi All,
I'm looking for a 16-Bit ODBC driver for SQL Server 7,2000; can any one help
me with that?
I found that only SQL server 6.5 has a 16 bit ODBC driver and I tried to use
it and it worked but with so much problems (Sudden hang, Unexpected
failure).
Best Regards
Asser Maany

2. SQL COnnections

3. Mouse Event Menues

4. Creating a data file

5. 16-bit ODBC Driver for MS-SQL Server 7.0

6. Accessing SQL Server 7.0 with 16-Bit ODBC (?)

7. 16 Bit app trying to access 32 bit ODBC driver

8. ODBC driver installation conflicts (between 16 bit and 32 bit drivers) on NT

9. 16 bit SQL Driver VS 32 bit SQL Driver