cannot delete used member

Post by Arturo Mardon » Sat, 02 Feb 2002 04:03:51

Hi to all!

i've a cube, with partitions and i need remove 1 when i've 15, then i
delete the oldest and then, load another cube, whose origin of data
it's this cube with 15 partitions, but when incrementally update
dimensions, say "cannot delete used member XXXXXXXXXXX"...

this means that I cannot eliminate a partition, in a cube that is
origin of another one.

Any idea??? help???

Thanks in advance.

Arturo.

cannot delete used member

Post by [MS] Hai-Wei » Tue, 05 Feb 2002 14:41:20

Hi ,

I am not very sure on your meaning of "in a cube that is origin of another
one". Could you reproduce your problem with FoodMart 2000 - Warehouse and
list your detailed steps?

This posting is provided 'AS IS' with no warranties, and confers no rights.

Regards,
Haiwei Xu
Microsoft Support Engineer

cannot delete used member

Post by Arturo Mardone » Thu, 07 Feb 2002 06:13:57

Hi!!!

My trouble it's the same what this, posted for Veronica Giacaman:

When I have a cube which data source is another cube, cannot establish
the Member Key Column as "Cube name"."Dimension name:Dimension
level!KEY".  It return the error: The member key column is invalid.
Can anyone help me?, Any idea?
Regards
Vernica Giacamn

Thanks in advance

:)

Arturo

Quote:> Hi ,

> I am not very sure on your meaning of "in a cube that is origin of another
> one". Could you reproduce your problem with FoodMart 2000 - Warehouse and
> list your detailed steps?

> This posting is provided 'AS IS' with no warranties, and confers no
rights.

> Regards,
> Haiwei Xu
> Microsoft Support Engineer

cannot delete used member

Post by [MS] Hai-Wei » Fri, 08 Feb 2002 18:09:01

Hi ,

You mean you use another OLAP cube as the data source of the cube and
dimensions? It's not suggested. According to Book Online, Analysis Service
supports three kinds of data sources:

SQL Server versions 6.5 and later
Microsoft Access 97 and later
Oracle versions 7.3 and 8.0

Why not use virtual cube or linked cube in your project? They are better
solutions.

This posting is provided 'AS IS' with no warranties, and confers no rights.

Regards,
Haiwei Xu
Microsoft Support Engineer

1. Cannot delete objects because some are members of a parent class

Stan,
you are trying to delete an object from a container class  which is a
subclass. You need to delete the object from the parent class. Look at the
properties-other page of the container item. Note the class and class
Library. These will tell you the name of the class you need to delete the
object from. Of Course, this will delete the object from all instances of
the class in your app.

Gerry

2. DateTime, ADO and Informix

3. deleting a member using ado

4. How to generate file text trough stored procedure?

5. Error: 3724 "cannot delete table_name because it is being used for replication

6. Not a trusted account

7. Calculated Member using Member Properties

8. Why is the IsMsShipped bit set?

9. Calculated Member using Member Property

10. Calculate new members using member properties

11. Cannot delete or edit record using Delphi 2.01, Personal Oracle, ODBC

12. Cannot delete directory after using Remove method

13. Creating a calculated member using dimension members