SQL Trace is the GREATEST

Post by Option » Wed, 11 Feb 1998 04:00:00

I LOVE SQL Trace!!!!

It has solved a number of "accountability" problems.

My question:  Can SQL Trace be run as a service?  If so, how would I
go about setting it up?

TIA,

Hamster

SQL Trace is the GREATEST

Post by Richard Waymir » Wed, 11 Feb 1998 04:00:00

You can't do that to the best of my knowledge, however you should look into
xp_sqltrace in the books online.  You could figure out the parms you need,
and then add the startup of your trace to the SQL Server startup procs (look
up sp_makestartup).

--
Richard Waymire, MCT, MCSE, MCSD, MVP (SQLServer)
Principal Engineer, ARIS Corp.

>I LOVE SQL Trace!!!!

>It has solved a number of "accountability" problems.

>My question:  Can SQL Trace be run as a service?  If so, how would I
>go about setting it up?

>TIA,

>Hamster

SQL Trace is the GREATEST

Post by Todd Clar » Wed, 11 Feb 1998 04:00:00

> I LOVE SQL Trace!!!!

> It has solved a number of "accountability" problems.

> My question:  Can SQL Trace be run as a service?  If so, how would I
> go about setting it up?

> TIA,

> Hamster

I think what you're looking for is xp_sqltrace and sp_makestartup.
These are explained in the online books.

SQL Trace is the GREATEST

Post by Option » Fri, 13 Feb 1998 04:00:00

Thanks for the shove in the right direction.  Got it up and running
yesterday on all our production servers.

Thanks again.

On Tue, 10 Feb 1998 11:09:13 -0800, "Richard Waymire"