default password of distributor_admin

Post by Leonard » Tue, 24 Sep 2002 22:36:08

what is the default password of distributor_admin?

default password of distributor_admin

Post by Raj Gil » Wed, 25 Sep 2002 13:05:07

stored procedure.
You can use sp_changedistributor_password to reset the password and it
doesn't require entering the old password.

rgill

Quote:> what is the default password of distributor_admin?

1. distributor_admin password

I am setting up replication to and from a SQL Server outside a firewall. But
I have a security problem configuring the central server (A) as a
distributor for the publisher server (B) outside the firewall.

The replication wizard asks me to write a password for the 'administrative
link' between the publisher and the distributor, that is, the
distributor_admin login. But I don't know that password since it has been
generated automatically when I set up the distributor. Could this problem be
solved simply by changing the password?

The central server (A) is also a distributor for many other SQL servers (C
and D) in the system. If I change the distributor_admin password, I suppose
the replication from the servers C and D will stop until I update the
distributor settings on those servers. But it can be done, can't it?

I would appriciate any advice in this issue.

Regards
    Fredrik M?ller

2. 2 queries in XP_SENDMAIL

3. distributor_admin Password

4. Press: Arbor, HP, and Intel OLAP Benchmark Results

5. What is the default password for the postgres user in the default

6. Runtime 5.0

7. What is SA's default password?

8. what is default password for SQL6.5?

9. default password