sql 6.0 bug with sp3--cannot reload database without old sqlsrvr.exe???????

sql 6.0 bug with sp3--cannot reload database without old sqlsrvr.exe???????

Post by fg » Wed, 07 Jan 1998 04:00:00

Has anyone heard about any fixes for the sql 6.0 sp3 bug.  The problem is
that if server goes down dirty and the database has to be reloaded.....it
won't.  the dirty fix is to copy original sqlsrvr.exe?? back, reboot,
reload, copy sp3 version back in, restart,  good to go.  Has any heard
anything..

thanks.

sql 6.0 bug with sp3--cannot reload database without old sqlsrvr.exe???????

Post by Czech » Thu, 08 Jan 1998 04:00:00

Yes,

We had the same problem, and only found out about the solution through using
this great resource, but not before we lost our data. MS doesn't consider
this to be a serious enough bug to warrant a new sp for SQL60. Thanks to
Neil P who pointed us to the KB article tucked away deeep in MS KB.

Czecho

>Has anyone heard about any fixes for the sql 6.0 sp3 bug.  The problem is
>that if server goes down dirty and the database has to be reloaded.....it
>won't.  the dirty fix is to copy original sqlsrvr.exe?? back, reboot,
>reload, copy sp3 version back in, restart,  good to go.  Has any heard
>anything..

>thanks.

sql 6.0 bug with sp3--cannot reload database without old sqlsrvr.exe???????

Post by Neil Pik » Thu, 08 Jan 1998 04:00:00

Nope, no new sp I'm afraid.  You'll have to go to SQL 6.5.

 Neil Pike MVP/MCSE
 Protech Computing Ltd