Client Network Utility required for Windows 95/98 clients using replication

Client Network Utility required for Windows 95/98 clients using replication

Post by Gerald Pen » Fri, 15 Sep 2000 04:00:00

In a previous post a gentleman assisted me with connecting to a Windows 95
client for replication by adding a TCP/IP entry for the client via the
Client Network Utility. That works great however I found that I have to do
this for every client on my desktop (to register as a server) and the
distribution server for replication to work. Does anyone know of a way to
make this process more effecient - i.e. via a register entry or a domain
wide entry?

Thanks for any input.

1. Client Network Utility required for Windows 95/98 clients

In a previous post a gentleman assisted me with connecting to a Windows 95
client for replication by adding a TCP/IP entry for the client via the
Client Network Utility. That works great however I found that I have to do
this for every client on my desktop (to register as a server) and the
distribution server for replication to work. Does anyone know of a way to
make this process more effecient - i.e. via a register entry or a domain
wide entry?

Thanks for any input.

2. Job Vacancy: Analyst Programmer Required in Woodford Green, Essex

3. Can I install full MS SQL Server 7.0 not just client utilities on MS Windows 98

4. CompactDatabase

5. SQL 2000 client toosl slows down Windows 98 client machine

6. What is an Oracle 'Sequence' called in SQL-Server??

7. Client Network Utility Versus Server Network Utility

8. Backup problems with named pipes

9. ODBC & SQL client 95/98

10. Develope DB for clients computers running microsoft 95/98/NT

11. VA-Richmond-239904--Windows 98-Windows NT-Windows 95-Novell-Senior Operator