Strange error using a user defined function to return a string

Strange error using a user defined function to return a string

Post by Andrea » Thu, 05 Jul 2001 16:32:27

We have created an activex dll containing a function that returns a string.
When using this function in an MDX calculation we get the error "infitie
recursion detected...."
In the MDX if the function is replaced with a string in quotations e.g.
"sales" the MDX works correctly.
This has been tried in a cube specific calcualted measure and also in an
adhoc query using the MDX sample application
The platform details are as follows:
AS2K
Delphi is used to construct the dll
We return a wide string but have also tried it with all the other possible
string types that delphi will allow.
Any pointers  would be much appreceiated.

Regards,
Andreas Cambitsis

Strange error using a user defined function to return a string

Post by Andrea » Thu, 05 Jul 2001 17:12:40

As a follow up:
we implemented it in C++ Builder 4, and it worked perfectly.  Our problem is
therefore solved.  It would be interesting to know why Delphi was giving us
grief - perhaps this is something for a COM news group.
Regards,
Andreas Cambitsis

Quote:> We have created an activex dll containing a function that returns a