Creating a date in a Stored Procedure

Post by Rob Giguer » Sat, 02 Sep 2000 03:26:48

What is the sintax to create a dateTime Data type in a proc but set it
to the Date And Time you want not the system GetDate()?

Creating a date in a Stored Procedure

Post by Darren Gree » Sat, 02 Sep 2000 03:43:46

writes

Quote:>What is the sintax to create a dateTime Data type in a proc but set it
>to the Date And Time you want not the system GetDate()?

Do you mean like this-

--
Darren Green
SQL/DTS - http://www.swynk.com/friends/green/

1. Create date on Stored Procedure doesn't change

I just discovered today that it is possible to change a stored procedure "in-
place".  By that I mean that it doesn't have to be dropped and re-created to
change something about it.  I was using Enterprise Manager to view a stored-proc
and I changed something about it.  I clicked the OK button.  I assumed that the
proc would be dropped and then re-created with the changes.  Apparently that
isn't the case because the "create date" of the stored procedure didn't change.
I find this unfortunate because I have always relied on the "create date" to know
if someone (typically developers) has made a change to any stored procedures
without my knowing it.  I think the create date should be modified to reflect any
changes to the proc.

Your thoughts?

2. Unable to browse the cube (dimension). Unspecified error.

3. Date/time a stored procedure was created??

4. How to execute store procedure from VB?

5. Creating a Stored Procedure in a Stored Procedure?

6. This is a must visit site!

7. Creating stored procedures in a stored procedure?

8. Are you using DEC's VAX-IBM Data Access (VIDA)?

9. Creating a Stored Procedure that creates views

10. stored procedures are not created when databse is created

11. stored procedures not getting created when new databse is created

12. Newbie question - creating a stored procedure to create a script

13. Creating an update stored procedure with parameter of another stored proc