Brand new SCO Open Server 5.0.4 with 5-user license

Brand new SCO Open Server 5.0.4 with 5-user license

Post by BELZEB » Thu, 25 Mar 1999 04:00:00

Unable to purchase for less than $500 except here.
http://cgi.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=82248268

1. Informix User-License on new SCO OSE 5.0?

hi (again),

does anyone know how Informix 6.0SE will "count" users (for the user
license limitations) on the new SCO OSE 5.0?  Ie, my client is going
to have a network with 12-15 windows PC using TCP/IP access back to the
SCO unix system.  On each PC, the user may be logging into the SCO system
1-3 times (mutliple telnet windows) simultaneously to work.  SCO Unix
counts each user from each PC (regardless [so they claim] of HOW MANY
times THAT users is logged into the system) as ONE user.  How would Informix
6.0SE view this same senerio?  For example, if I have 12 windows stations
with 12 users and each user opens 3 telnet windows and each window logs
into the sco unix system and each session starts an instance of the
Informix application, how many users does Informix see?  12 or 36?

Thanks!

Mark

2. Illustra DBA utilities?

3. BRAND NEW USER

4. Concerning The DBGrid Control

5. A Brand New Portal for XML Users of all Kinds

6. Database Design

7. move sql server to brand new server

8. HELP PGBROWSE. PLEASEEEEEE

9. Increase concurrent users without adding new license for SQL Server 7

10. restore all database to a brand new server