DTS Export data to text file in native format

DTS Export data to text file in native format

Post by Pat Sinthusa » Thu, 28 Mar 2002 09:10:11

Hi!

Is there possible we can export the data to the text file using DTS that
will have output like BCP in native data format?

Thanks

DTS Export data to text file in native format

Post by Jerome Halmans [M » Fri, 29 Mar 2002 00:24:15

Pat,
There is not a provider that will output to a native BCP format.  You could
add an execute process task to a DTS package that would execute BCP and
output the file in native format

Are you secure?  For information about the Strategic Technology Protection
Program and to order your FREE Security Tool Kit, please visit
http://www.microsoft.com/security.

1. Export data to a formatted text file from VB 5.0

I was able to export data from a query to a text file using an ACCESS
specification file. This is done within ACCESS. I know that I can use VBA's
TransferText to automate this task in ACCESS. However, the application is
written in VB 5.0. My questions:
1. Can I run this export procedure from VB ? If yes, how
2. If I cannot use ACCESS specification file, what can I do within VB to get
the same result?

Thanks a million
Bill N.

2. Time dimension

3. Export data from cube to a text file with DTS

4. IADORecordBinding::Update

5. How to export data in table to text file in DTS package

6. newbie question - INSERT

7. How to export two sets of data to same text file in DTS

8. Receiving no errorcode after disconnecting netwok

9. DTS Export to Text File with File Name Prompt

10. Migrating from HP200LX native database / Importing from free-format data files

11. Export SQL to text file - number formatting

12. Using DTS to export a XML format file.

13. Export blob-text files to other format