SQL Server seems to leak memory until complete out of memory

SQL Server seems to leak memory until complete out of memory

Post by Keith Smit » Wed, 12 Feb 2003 23:52:18

I have several applications which run on top of SQL
Server.  These applications use both ODBC and ADO to
execute SQL statements which INSERT, DELETE, and QUERY
data out of the database.  Nothing to Exciting, but it
hits the database a lot (~100 hits per minute).  The
problem I am running into is that SQL seems to grow until
it consumes all the memory on the server machine.  We can
solve this problem by capping the memory that SQL uses.
But need more information as to why this is happening and
what the performance side effects.  Does anyone have a Q
article or something?

Keith

SQL Server seems to leak memory until complete out of memory

Post by Keith Kratochvi » Thu, 13 Feb 2003 00:02:38

INF: SQL Server Memory Usage
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=KB;en-us;q321363

--
Keith, SQL Server MVP