Automated Installation

Post by Thomas Kobz » Tue, 12 Aug 1997 04:00:00

Hello All,

does anybody have an idea about an automated installation
of MS SQL Server on Windows NT?

Is there a kind of 'unattended installation', that can be
used to install SQL Server without user interaction?

Where can I get some information about that?

Any help is appreciated very much,
best regards,
/Thomas

Automated Installation

Post by Rtguin » Wed, 13 Aug 1997 04:00:00

For unattended installs,
use the setup /t IniFilePath=<your ini file>

The layout of the inifile isdescri bed in Appendx B of the SQL Server
Setup book

1. Automated Installation of Application

Is there any way to automatically install application programs on client
machines (something like installshield would work, but I don't know if it
can do exactly what I need).

I would need it to create one Datasource, (assuming a windows machine) in
order to run JDBC-ODBC.  Can this be done easily, or would it be easier to
tell the user how to create a datasource on his/her own?

Thanks

2. SQL 7 Server

3. Automate installation

4. Problems with Integrity Rules

5. Automated Installation on Windows

6. Synonyms for SQL Server Objects

7. Automated installation of Win95 client. Any help?

8. good resourses?

9. Oracle 7.3.4, orainst for automated installation, documentation?

10. Automated database installation

11. Automating SQL Server Installation

12. SQL65 Automated Client Installation

13. Automated database installation