ComdExec Job can't see mapped drive?

Post by Greg Suignar » Wed, 14 Jul 1999 04:00:00

I am running SQL Server 7.0 and i'm trying to run a ComdExec job which
outputs to a file on a drive that is mapped to another NT Server
machine.  When I execute the command using "run" off the start menu it
works fine. However when I run it inside the SQL Server Agent as a it
always fails.  Do I have to restart something so that the Server Agent
can see the mapped drive?? What am I doing wrong??? Has anyone else had
this problem?

ComdExec Job can't see mapped drive?

Post by Tony Rogerso » Wed, 14 Jul 1999 04:00:00

Make sure you start SQL Agent using an account that has permission to do the
write.

--
Tony Rogerson MCP, SQL Server MVP
Torver Computer Consultants Ltd.

Quote:> I am running SQL Server 7.0 and i'm trying to run a ComdExec job which
> outputs to a file on a drive that is mapped to another NT Server
> machine.  When I execute the command using "run" off the start menu it
> works fine. However when I run it inside the SQL Server Agent as a it
> always fails.  Do I have to restart something so that the Server Agent
> can see the mapped drive?? What am I doing wrong??? Has anyone else had
> this problem?

ComdExec Job can't see mapped drive?

Post by Roy Harv » Thu, 15 Jul 1999 04:00:00

Greg,

Quote:>I am running SQL Server 7.0 and i'm trying to run a ComdExec job which
>outputs to a file on a drive that is mapped to another NT Server
>machine.

Besides making sure the account has rights, use a UNC name rather than
a mapped drive:  \\servername\sharename\directory\file.ext.

Roy

1. Unable to connect to a mapped drive in SQL job

I have a job in SQL Server 2000. The job selects data from
the SQL server(using a query) and writes it to a .dbf file
on a network drive.

When I start the job / schedule it, the job history shows
that it has run successfully but it does not create or
update the .dbf file. However if I write it to a local
disk it succeeds. FYI - in the job history , in step
details it shows "Could not open step output file. Step
succeeded"

Any help appreciated.

Thanks in advance.
V~

2. Select --- permission denied

3. Can't write to btrive files on mapped drive

4. Kiosk mode problem

5. mapped network drive file can't import

6. Hi - Upgrading from 65 to 70 Or 80

7. Restore can't see mapped drives

8. DBGrid & Format

9. pgsql/src/backend/utils/mb/Unicode (UCS_to_8859.pl iso8859_2_to_utf8.map iso8859_3_to_utf8.map iso8859_4_to_utf8.map iso8859_5_to_utf8.map utf8_to_iso8859_2.map utf8_to_iso8859_3.map utf8_to_iso8859_4.map utf8_to_iso8859_5.map)

10. if you will promise Allahdad's swamp against cans, it will angrily depart the unit

11. SQL Server Agent Job Won't Write file to Net Drive

12. Mapped driver can not be seen when backup.

13. EM not seeing all drives in cluster shared array