Failed to shrink data file in sql server

Failed to shrink data file in sql server

Post by chrisbe » Tue, 04 Mar 2003 16:18:39

Hi,

Having a problem in shrinking the data file. Get

Error 3140: Could not adjust the space allocation for the
file "test_data". DBCC execution completed.

Any ideas?
Thanks

Frank

Failed to shrink data file in sql server

Post by Uri Diman » Tue, 04 Mar 2003 16:50:29

chrisben
Try to run DBCC UPDATEUSAGE (0)

Quote:> Hi,

> Having a problem in shrinking the data file. Get

> Error 3140: Could not adjust the space allocation for the
> file "test_data". DBCC execution completed.

> Any ideas?
> Thanks

> Frank

1. Shrinking data file and log file

This past weekend I purged a lot of data in one of my
databases.  I've noticed that my data and log files
instead of shrinking actually grew a little.  I went into
Enterprise Manager and chose my database, selected Shrink
database and chose my log file to shrink.  I specified an
amount for it to be shrunk to and clicked ok...it said
that the file was shrunk successfully but whenever I
select properties on the database and choose the
transaction log my space allocated is still the same.  Am
I missing something?

Leon

2. sqlserver 2000

3. Help - restore backup file from SQL server 2000 on SQL server 7.0 failed

4. Location of BTfiler

5. SQL Server 2000 shrink remote log file

6. SQL server problems

7. Can't shrink log file in SQL Server 7.0

8. Skeet/Trap Score Sheet

9. Database file shrink if auto-shrink off

10. Shrink Data File

11. shrinking data file of tempdb

12. Can I shrink a Primary Data File?