When I try to use ADO/OLEDB to connect to a Server running Win2kServer
and SQL2k I get the following error message...
Run-time error '-2147467259 (80004005)':
Login failed for user 'TESTER'. Reason: Not associated with a
trusted SQL Server connection.
The code is below, it fails on the .Open.
conn.Provider = "SQLOLEDB"
conn.Open "server=TESTSERVER; database=DBTest;"
I have looked in the knowledgebase and could not find any applicable
- TESTER is the name of the Win98SE machine I am using to test from
(and the user name that I use to log into this machine with)
- TESTSERVER is the name of the server
- I have installed MDAC 2.6 on TESTER and am using VB6
- SQL2k Security is set to "Windows Only"
- A user TESTER has being defined on the server
- This user belongs to a group called TESTERS
- This group has been added to SQL2k using Enterprise Manager
- db_datareader and db_datawriter roles have been permitted
for the database DBTest for this group