ADO.NET - SQL 2000 connection problem

Post by Carlo Chun » Thu, 10 Oct 2002 11:33:38

I have a connection problem of ADO.NET - SQL 2000 in .NET compact framework.
I have two SQL 2000 machines, one works while another doesn't with same
configuration.

The connection string is as follows:
.SqlConnection1.ConnectionString = _

"addr=" & SERVER_NAME & ";" & _

"user id=" & USER_ID & ";" & _

"password=" & PASSWORD & ";" & _

"initial catalog=PMSWeb;" & _

"persist security info=True;" & _

"packet size=4096"

It gets the following error message:

source: .NET sqlClient Data Provider

Class: 10

Message: to be implemented Changed database context to 'XXX'

line: 0

Thanks,

Carlo Chung

Post by Mister » Thu, 10 Oct 2002 21:08:12

> I have a connection problem of ADO.NET - SQL 2000 in .NET compact
> framework. I have two SQL 2000 machines, one works while another
> doesn't with same configuration.

try asking on
microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.adonet

Max

1. sql 2000 iis 5 ado database connection problem -- connections slow

Hello everyone.  We're having a sporadic problem with our web application.
We have a test server set up with sql 2000 and iis 5 on 2000 server running
our web app.  After doing some things in the application (it doesn't seem to
matter which things) any link that runs a query will be really slow (8-15
seconds).  When I look at the queries through profiler it appears that what
is slowing me down is the disconnection of sql connections.  For instance in
the profiler I will have:  audit logout 10000ms.  Has anyone seen this
behavior before?  Any ideas?

PS - I saw the KB article about problems when connecting with ip -- we are
connecting with the host name.

2. Pooling of odbc-connection

3. Named Pipes connection problem via ASP.NET using ADO.NET

4. End of Life

5. SQL 2000 and ADO.Net SqlTransaction Problem

6. Accessing MS Excel from the Internet.

7. ADO Connection Problem and Windows 2000 - multiuser problem

8. MSDE2000 on W2K Server fails

9. Connection (ASP.NET) to SQL Server 2000 Probs

10. Retrieving data from Exchange 2000 server using ado/ado.net

11. MS SQL 2000 SP3, OLAP with OLEDB and ADO.NET

12. SQL Server 2000 (Application) Role accessed through ADO.NET

13. packet size with sql server 2000 ; ado.net