Wisdom of reapplying service packs.

Post by mw » Fri, 02 May 2003 17:11:17

I previously posted this to another sql server newsgroup and did not get
any respones....maybe better luck here.

SQL Server 2000 with Service pack 2 and Slammer patch

My questions are:

1) Is there any need to reapply Service pack 2 under normal
circumstances?

2) If we do reapply the service pack 2, do we not run into further
potential issues of the slammer patch being already installed? This
meaning mismatched files or security settings.

Any advice, especially from any Microsoft people out there would be much
appreciated

--
Regards,
Mark

Wisdom of reapplying service packs.

Post by Kalen Delane » Fri, 02 May 2003 17:28:54

Yes, you did get a reply. Please see the .setup group on this newsserver.

--
Kalen Delaney
SQL Server MVP

Quote:> I previously posted this to another sql server newsgroup and did not get
> any respones....maybe better luck here.

> SQL Server 2000 with Service pack 2 and Slammer patch

> My questions are:

> 1) Is there any need to reapply Service pack 2 under normal
> circumstances?

> 2) If we do reapply the service pack 2, do we not run into further
> potential issues of the slammer patch being already installed? This
> meaning mismatched files or security settings.

> Any advice, especially from any Microsoft people out there would be much
> appreciated

> --
> Regards,
> Mark

1. Wisdom of reapplying service packs.

SQL Server 2000 with Service pack 2 and Slammer patch

My questions are:

1) Is there any need to reapply Service pack 2 under normal
circumstances?

2) If we do reapply the service pack 2, do we not run into further
potential issues of the slammer patch being already installed? This
meaning mismatched files or security settings.

Any advice, especially from any Microsoft people out there would be much
appreciated

--
Regards,
Mark

2. FoxPro for Windows 2.6a and Citrix WinFrame 1.7

3. Analysis Services service pack 3

4. String

5. SQL Server or/and Analysis Services Service Pack

6. Getting PID of all processes that are connected to a database

7. Unable to start service after Service Pack 2

8. DG/UX and Sybase11.0.1 on multi-processor machine

9. Errors in Service Manager and Enterprise Manager after installing Service Pack 3

10. analysis services server disappear after installing service pack 2

11. Analysis Services Service Packs installed : How to determine

12. Analysis Services Service pack 2

13. SQL Service 6.5 w/Service Pack 4