First, if this won't happen when you create a new table, you must change
user for the database.
1) In Query Analyzer, login in sa.
2) Choose the DB you want to change.
3) sp_dropuser username <-- this username is the username that you
are connected with
sp_changedbowner username <-- same
Next, the way to change the owner of tables for dbo
1) In Query Analyzer, login in the username.
2) select * from sysobjects
4) update uid <-- Make a careful comparison of them and see which is
> Some of my tables that I create are assigned "dbo" as the owner, instead
> the username that I'm connected with. This is somewhat disturbing since a
> table that I name e.g. Restaurants come out being called dbo.Restaurants.
> Is there any way to change the owners of these tables, or make sure that
> when I create a new table this won't happen?
> Thank you in advance!
> - Peter Larsson -