Installing SQL 6.5 SP5 Problems

Post by Rick Jone » Mon, 11 Jan 1999 04:00:00

Hi there,

I have a kind of silly question regarding the installation of SP5 on SQL
Server 6.5. I want to install Site Server and one of the requirements is SQL
SP4 or above.

When I try to install the SP 5, I keep on getting an error which says that I
should extend the SQL master database to more that 3Mb of free space. Since
I have never used SQL Server before, I am somewhat stuck as the master
database is 75 Mb large and has about 40Mb free space? Am I barking up the
wrong tree?

Thanks for the help..
Regards
Rick

1. Updating NT4.0 SP3 to SP5 with SQL Server 6.5 SP5

We currently have several NT 4.0 SP3 servers with SQL Server 6.5 SP5.  We
are bringing the servers to Y2K compliance by updating NT to SP5.  It seems
to me that I read that doing this could cause problems with the SQL Server.
Has anyone experienced this?  Has anyone taken this route?  Any insight
deeply appreciated.

Craig

2. VFP 5.0 PRO upgrade

3. install sp5 in SQL server 6.5

4. Residential Real Estate company want help to set up totally web based opperation

5. HELP - unable to install SP4 or SP5 for SQL 6.5

6. convert datestamp to char(yyyy/mm/dd)

7. SQL Server 6.5 SP5 install errors

8. Making duplicate database

9. Installing SQL 6.5 on NT w/SP5

10. HELP-unable to install SP4 or SP5 on SQL 6.5

11. Can't install SQL 6.5 sp5

12. SQL Server 6.5 error when installing SP5

13. How to revert back from SQL 6.5 SP5 to SQL 6.5 SP4