Upgrade to SQL 2000 Developer Edition

Post by Senthil Palra » Fri, 10 Jan 2003 01:54:38

I am trying to Upgrade the Developer Edition 7.0 to
Developer Edition 2000 on Windows 2000 Pro. As per the
Instruction in the
Help I followed the Instrutions and when I try to do the
following Insturction

In the Existing Installation dialog box, click Upgrade
your existing installation, and then click Next

All the Options are Greyed Out. I don't have Options to
Choose.

Any Thoughts.........
Pls help me ASAP

Thanks
Senthil

Upgrade to SQL 2000 Developer Edition

Post by Kelly Row » Fri, 10 Jan 2003 13:08:03

Uninstall SQL 7.0 and do a standard install of SQL 2000 DE.  You don't have
an existing installation of _2000_ to upgrade.  The upgrade option is not to
take you from some previous version of SQL Server to 2000.

Kelly

Quote:> I am trying to Upgrade the Developer Edition 7.0 to
> Developer Edition 2000 on Windows 2000 Pro. As per the
> Instruction in the
> Help I followed the Instrutions and when I try to do the
> following Insturction

> In the Existing Installation dialog box, click Upgrade
> your existing installation, and then click Next

> All the Options are Greyed Out. I don't have Options to
> Choose.

> Any Thoughts.........
> Pls help me ASAP

> Thanks
> Senthil

1. Problem in upgrading expired SQL 2000 Evaluation Edition to SQL 2000 Developer Edition

Hi friends,

Im have done my Uni final year project using SQL 2000 evalauation edition,
now  the evaluation edition had expired, I had search the web for the
solution and found this article
http://support.microsoft.com/support/kb/articles/Q281/5/74.ASP but it says,
run the setup from a retail version of SQL 2000 CD and Select the "Upgrade
your existing installation" option. When i run the setup using the developer
edition, that option was disabled in the setup screen, i only can either do
a New Instance setup or Advance setup.

Can anyone pls help me out in this, i need to recover my database so badly..

Thanking in advance
muraly

2. Converting Oracle Stored Procedures to DB2

3. Can't upgrade eval edition to developer edition

4. DBGrid and Setting Column Widths at design time

5. upgrading from evaluation edition to developer edition

6. Reset Set Blocking/Performance

7. SQL 2000 Enterprise Edition on NT 4 or Windows 2000 Server Edition

8. sp_rename: A bad thing???

9. Upgrade SQL Server 2000 to a different Edition

10. Trial Version Upgrade to SQL 2000 Standard Edition

11. installing sql 2000 personal edition on same machine as sql 7 standard edition

12. SQL Workstation - Developer Edition Upgrade?

13. SQL Server 2000 Developer Edition: How to buy?