Enterprise Edition vs Standard Edition 7

Enterprise Edition vs Standard Edition 7

Post by Keith Kratochvi » Tue, 27 Jun 2000 04:00:00

I think that you identified all the differences in your question.  I am not
aware of any other differences.

Quote:> Is there a document that describes what you get with SQL Server V7
> Enterprise Edition that you don't get in the standard edition? I have been
> unable to locate such a beast as yet and am being pressed for one.

> I'm not concerned with the clustering, more than 4 processors, additional
> memory features but the actual functionality differences. For example, are
> there OLAP or stored procedures, etc. that you only get with the
Enterprise

Post by Luthe » Tue, 27 Jun 2000 04:00:00

Is there a document that describes what you get with SQL Server V7
Enterprise Edition that you don't get in the standard edition? I have been
unable to locate such a beast as yet and am being pressed for one.

I'm not concerned with the clustering, more than 4 processors, additional
memory features but the actual functionality differences. For example, are
there OLAP or stored procedures, etc. that you only get with the Enterprise
Edition? That type of thing.

Thanks.
Luther

1. Enterprise Edition vs Standard Edition

Hi

I know that you cannot create multiple PARTITIONS without using MS OLAP
Services 7.0 EE.
Yet, the FoodMart DB shows 2 Partitions For the Warehouse DB.

It makes me wondering whether it could be possible to CREATE multiple
Partitions With MSOLAPSERVICES7.0 EE, but browse and use the various
partitions Directly with The Standrard Edition.

As far as Clients that are supposed to Buy OLAP Services are concerned, this
could be a major outcome.

Is this accurate, or not ?

TIA

Pierre

2. pgsql/src/backend/postmaster postmaster.c

3. slammer made msdb suspect

4. MS-SQL 2000 Enterprise edition vs. Standard Edition

5. HELP -- NEW USER -- arrayinfo to database

6. Enterprise edition vs. Standard Edition

7. 2 catalogs?

8. SQL 7.0 Standard Edition vs. Enterprise Edition

9. Standard edition VS Enterprise edition SQL 7.0

10. Oracle 8i Standard Edition vs Enterprise Edition for Linux

11. Standard Edition vs Enterprise Edition

12. SQL 2000 - switch from Enterprise edition to Standard edition