Transactional Replication and Snapshot agent

Transactional Replication and Snapshot agent

Post by Bob Pawlowsk » Thu, 27 Jan 2000 04:00:00

Is there any way to get the snapshot agent to produce a snapshot without
having any subscribers?

Transactional Replication and Snapshot agent

Post by KNV » Thu, 27 Jan 2000 04:00:00

Yes! Use sp_changepublication and set Immediate_sync property to TRUE.
--
KNV
Check out http://members.tripod.com/~vyaskn/SQLServerRes.html for SQL Server

Is there any way to get the snapshot agent to produce a snapshot without
having any subscribers?

1. Snapshot Agent error in Transactional replication

Hi all, I am trying to replicate a table from one sqlserver 7 (which is the
NT4 machine, I use NT account to log in and this server is going to have
both publication and distribution) to another sqlserver 7(NT 4) by
transactional replication method. ( I am using Wizard).
Here are my steps:
a. configured distribution database successfully.
b. created publication successfully.
c. used 'push subscription to others' wizard and went all the way
successfully till I got the successful messege(the two cross flag).
Now, the problem is when I looked at the replication monitor its status is
failed and the messege is "Another snapshot agent for the publication is
running.".  I looked at the  Agents folder and the snapshot agents folder
has the same messege and the log reader agents and distribution agents
status is 'idle'.
Now, considering I am new to sql server especially on replication stuff, my
question is
a. were the steps I followed for replication is correct and in ordered?
b. since there is no other replication going on from my server, why I am
getting this error "Another snapshot agent for the publication is running."?

Thanks in advance.

kush

2. I want a lookup list to bring info into other fields in the same layout

3. How to start/stop replication agent for transactional replication via Transact SQL

4. Client is not able to start dedicated server. Logs & trace attached. Pls help.

5. Transactional Repl & Snapshot Agent DESPARATE

6. Oracle Platform questions (repost)

7. snapshot agent error: Another snapshot agent for the publication is running

8. MD-Maryland-240858--ORACLE-Developer 2000-RDBMS-ORACLE Forms-ORACLE Reports 2.X-

9. why need snapshot job running for transactional replication

10. set up transactional replication without a snapshot.

11. Snapshot for Transactional Replication Failing

12. Snapshot Q (w/ transactional replication and custom stored procedures)

13. Snapshot and transactional replication