SQL Server to Informix or Oracle across a Wan - How?

SQL Server to Informix or Oracle across a Wan - How?

Post by Mark Pickavanc » Thu, 07 Dec 1995 04:00:00

hi,
I'm looking for someone to give me a very brief
idea of how they connected two databases, one SQL
Server the other Informix or Oracle, at remote
sites.
I'm most interested in any middleware or a data
gateway that you may have used.
Please mail Me.

-- Mark Pickavance

1. Pls Help Needed: How to access a SQL Server across a WAN

Situation:
 2 domains connected via a WAN, each with a SQL Server 6.5 running using
mixed security.  Both SQL Servers have the named-pipes and multi protocols
loaded.

Using ping, from domain 1 I can ping the server running SQL Server on
domain 2.  However, from domain 1 I can not use odbcping to ping the SQL
Server running on domain 2.

We want to have a user with an NT account on domain 1 to be able to access
both the domain 1 SQL Server (easy) and the SQL Server running on domain 2
(not so easy!) without having to have an NT login for the domain 1 user on
domain 2.

I really need some help on this one...

TIA,
Susan Mc

--

Systems Analyst - CLIEMS   |   A founding member of
DKW Systems Corporation   |  Ocicats Anonymous...

2. VB 5.0 and Access db

3. Informix 7.3 on NT Slow when replication across WAN

4. Oracle Developer 2000 Application Engineers NEEDED in Portland

5. Poring views across Oracle, SQL Server, Informix etc.

6. DC-Columbia MD/Herndon-109463--ORACLE-OLAP-Oracle Applications, NDC GROUP

7. SP T_SQL Question

8. Can't connect to server across WAN

9. Cannot Access Server Across WAN

10. Seekign Advice re Oracle across WAN

11. Oracle Remote Links/Replication across a WAN

12. SQL clients across slow WAN link