SQL 2K SP1 Fails to install sp1_repl.sql

SQL 2K SP1 Fails to install sp1_repl.sql

Post by Barry McAusli » Tue, 02 Oct 2001 22:15:37

I have a new Win2K SP2, SQL Server 2K installation.

When I install SP1 I get the following message

Error running script: sp1_repl.sql(1)

Has anyone come across this before?

Thanks

Barry

SQL 2K SP1 Fails to install sp1_repl.sql

Post by Intermedia.NE » Wed, 03 Oct 2001 19:29:29

Hello!

Try stopping all services except alerter,comp.browser,event
log,license logging serv,messngr,net logon,NT lm sec.supp prov,plug and
play,rem proc call loc,RPC serv,server,spooler,tcp/ip netbios helper,time
service and workstation.

Please refer
http://www.sqlservercentral.com/columnists/bknight/sp1sql2kinstall.asp

Intermedia.NET (APP)
Microsoft Certified Solutions Provider
Providing expertise in hosting applications
More Tips at:  http://www.intermedia.net/support/kb/
Windows 2000 Web Hosting:  http://www.intermedia.net/
For a waiver of the set up fee use "IMFREE" code

Free MIS Relief Offered To World Trade Center Businesses
http://www.intermedia.net/wtcrelief.asp

Quote:> I have a new Win2K SP2, SQL Server 2K installation.

> When I install SP1 I get the following message

> Error running script: sp1_repl.sql(1)

> Has anyone come across this before?

> Thanks

> Barry

SQL 2K SP1 Fails to install sp1_repl.sql

Post by Jyothi P » Fri, 19 Oct 2001 09:48:12

Hi Barry,

If you are still having this problem, try the following:

1. Delete the Registry Key (if this is a default instance): (please be
cautious while using the registry)

"Hkey_Local_machine\Software\Microsoft\MSSQLServer\setup\resume"
OR
"Hkey_Local_machine\Software\Microsoft\Microsoft SQL
Server\<InstanceName>\setup\resume" (for a named instance)

2. Log on to the box as the domain account who is a member of the NT local
admins group AND who is a member of the sysadmin SQL Role.
3. Stop all the non default services like: ALL SQL Services/All IIS-related
services/SNMP/BACKUPEXEC/BMC Patrol or other software that could attempt to
restart other services or lock any related files and also stop any
anti-virus programs you have running as well.
4. Also stop any applications running on that machine because they could
potentially lock some files if they are in use and this would prevent any
updates to the files. Removal of the RESUME key results in restarting the
service pack from the beginning instead of from the point of failure.

If it fails again with the same error, you may want to look at the
sp1_repl.out file for more information and also post it.

Hope this helps.
Thanks,
Jyothi Pai

Please respond to newsgroups only.

Ive been "encouraged" to share this helpful information from our lawyers.
reserved.
--------------------

| Subject: SQL 2K SP1 Fails to install sp1_repl.sql
| Date: Mon, 1 Oct 2001 14:15:37 +0100

| Newsgroups:
microsoft.public.sqlserver.server,microsoft.public.sqlserver.setup

| I have a new Win2K SP2, SQL Server 2K installation.
|
| When I install SP1 I get the following message
|
| Error running script: sp1_repl.sql(1)
|
| Has anyone come across this before?
|
| Thanks
|
| Barry

SQL 2K SP1 Fails to install sp1_repl.sql

Post by Vishal Ana » Fri, 26 Oct 2001 03:10:36

Customer is not replying. Will close it now and customer will re-open if
required
Vishal Anand
Microsoft SQL Server Support

Of course, this posting wouldn't be complete without a nice, juicy
disclaimer from our lawyers:  This posting is provided "AS IS" with no
warranties, and confers no rights. You assume all risk for your use. ? 2001
Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.

--------------------

| Date: Tue, 16 Oct 2001 19:23:29 GMT
| Subject: Re: SQL 2K SP1 Fails to install sp1_repl.sql

| Newsgroups: microsoft.public.sqlserver.setup
|
| Check out the sp1_repl.out file of more info and post it
|
| Regards
| Vishal Anand
| Microsoft SQL Server Support
|

| Of course, this posting wouldn't be complete without a nice, juicy
| disclaimer from our lawyers:  This posting is provided "AS IS" with no
| warranties, and confers no rights. You assume all risk for your use. ?
2001
| Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.

1. SP1 installation fails when running sp1_repl.sql on SQL2000

The sp1_repl.out" file indicates a problem as follows:

Creating procedure sp_MScreate_mergesystables
Cannot add rows to sysdepends for the current stored procedure because
it depends on the missing object 'dbo.sp_MScreatedebuginfrastructure'.
The stored procedure will still be created.
Msg 174, Level 15, State 1, Server PL-NTSQL4, Procedure sp_MSdeletecontents, Line 45
The updatelineage function requires 2 arguments.

Anyone got any ideas?

I've tried manually stopping all services before retrying etc.

I've tried both a SQL id and a trusted connection.

2. tempdb, stored procs and temporary tables

3. Win 2k Adv Srv, SQL 2k Std Edt and SQL SP1 on cluster

4. parsing bar separated file

5. SQL 2K SP1 fails

6. Help with Access2.0 and VB5.0

7. Error in _INS5576._MP when installing SQL 2K SP1

8. Mixed Mode Compatibility

9. Can't open DTS Local Packages after installing SQL 2K SP1

10. SQL 2000 SP1 install fails

11. Failed to complete install for SP1 for SQL 2000

12. Install Fails on SQL Svr 2K

13. SQL 2K Install Fails