FAQ for this newsgroup

Post by Camilo Amezquit » Tue, 06 Oct 1998 04:00:00

I'm both new to SQL Server and this newsgroup.  Where can I find an FAQ
for this newsgroup?  I haven't been able to find one myself.

Thanks,

Camilo Amezquita
NewVision Systems

FAQ for this newsgroup

Post by Neil Pik » Wed, 07 Oct 1998 04:00:00

Camilo,

Q.      Where is the SQL Server FAQ?  Or other useful SQL information.
(v1.0   30.09.1998)

A.  There isn't one all encompassing FAQ like there is for some non-MS
newsgroups, but there are a few smaller faq's worth a look.

MS have one at
http://support.microsoft.com/support/sql/content/faq/default.asp

Also http://www.swynk.com/

Also www.ntfaq.com

Though it isn't a faq in the strictest sense, the best source of info on
SQL problems, bugs etc. is www.microsoft.com/support - where the MS
knowledgebase is.

Finally, you should always have a subscription to Technet as this gives
you the knowledgebase on CD, as well as hundreds of articles,
white-papers, resource-kits, service packs etc.

Quote:> I'm both new to SQL Server and this newsgroup.  Where can I find an FAQ
> for this newsgroup?  I haven't been able to find one myself.

 Neil Pike MVP/MCSE
 Protech Computing Ltd
 (Please post ALL replies to the newsgroup only unless indicated
otherwise)

1. Is there a FAQ for this newsgroup?

If there is, where is it, who maintains it, etc.? If not, should we have
one? I could certainly start putting something like this together. Is there
a good place where it could be posted online?

--
Jeremy Hurren, MCP
Development Lead

Please do not reply directly via e-mail; use the newsgroups. This posting is
provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. You assume all
risk for your use. ? 2001 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.

2. Import MDB to PAB (or any Mail) HELP!!!

3. WHERE IS THE FAQ FOR THIS NEWSGROUP PLEASE ??

4. Driver for Sqlserver

5. Where is the FAQ for the newsgroup?

6. MD => JR ORACLE eCommerce INTERNET DBA

7. FAQ for this newsgroup

8. how do I find the length of a field?

9. FAQ for this newsgroup?

10. Is there a FAQ for this newsgroup