Log Size v. log space avail...

Post by Ken Schneide » Sat, 15 May 1999 04:00:00

When I go into SQL Enterprise Manager and manage databases
In the database tab it list info on the database
It shows:  Log Size 0
               Log Space Available 1,500 MB

Why does it show the size as 0 but show 1,500MB available ??

Thanks,

Log Size v. log space avail...

Post by Gustav » Tue, 18 May 1999 04:00:00

It' s a problem of refresh. Use dbcc checktable syslogs if you can see the
space used of the log. Other form is use dbcc sqlperf( logspace ), this
return the % of space log used.
For the data device use sp_spaceused

Quote:>When I go into SQL Enterprise Manager and manage databases