Data mining using SQL server,problems with Data mining model wizard

Data mining using SQL server,problems with Data mining model wizard

Post by eman » Tue, 22 Apr 2003 04:05:27

I am trying to make a (data mining) association rule
mining software (applying it to a supermarkets database)
using SQL SERVER, OLE DB DM and VISUAL BASIC 6.0.
I had a few questions and was hoping that someone could
help me regarding SQL server:

1. I have seem to have downloaded all the programs
necessary to run and create the mining model but am facing
problems: Where am i to SAVE all these downloads that i
need to run my association rule software with? in one
folder? in the C:PROGRAM FILES FOLDER? or should i make a
separate folder for them all? downloads include MDAC 2.7,
angoss visualization tools etc...

2. What PROVIDERS are necessary to run an association rule
mining program? The error i keep getting when i use SQL
server 2000 (using DTS and angoss visualization tools, ole
db) is "LOOK FOR MSDMine..." where can i find it so i can
download it? what are the default providers that you get
with SQL SERVER AND OLE DB DM?

3. When I try to create a MINING MODEL using the data
mining model wizard (SQL SERVER) and the Data Transmission
Package, i DO NOT get a list of the possible databases
that i can use (even though they are present and i can
manipulate them in the analysis manager), and i DO NOT get
a list of possible data mining algortihms to choose
from... one of the solutions for this problem on the
internet was to download microsoft SP 2, but it did not
work. any suggestions?

Data mining using SQL server,problems with Data mining model wizard

Post by Raman Iyer [MS » Wed, 23 Apr 2003 06:43:35

Please see my responses inline below.

--
Raman Iyer
SQL Server Data Mining

Quote:> I am trying to make a (data mining) association rule
> mining software (applying it to a supermarkets database)
> using SQL SERVER, OLE DB DM and VISUAL BASIC 6.0.
> I had a few questions and was hoping that someone could
> help me regarding SQL server:

> 1. I have seem to have downloaded all the programs
> necessary to run and create the mining model but am facing
> problems: Where am i to SAVE all these downloads that i
> need to run my association rule software with? in one
> folder? in the C:PROGRAM FILES FOLDER? or should i make a
> separate folder for them all? downloads include MDAC 2.7,
> angoss visualization tools etc...

[Raman] These downloads don't have to be installed at a specific place. As
long as the DLLs are registered correctly (which they should be if you just
ran the installer), the SDK tools will work fine.

Quote:

> 2. What PROVIDERS are necessary to run an association rule
> mining program? The error i keep getting when i use SQL
> server 2000 (using DTS and angoss visualization tools, ole
> db) is "LOOK FOR MSDMine..." where can i find it so i can
> download it? what are the default providers that you get
> with SQL SERVER AND OLE DB DM?

[Raman] The MSOLAP provider (msolap80.dll) is the one you need to use in
order to access data mining functionality from a client application.
MSDMine.dll contains internal components that are used by the MSOLAP
provider - you should not be connecting to it directly. All client
components needed for DM should be installed if you run the SQL Server
Analysis Services client install - you do not need to download anything in
addition to it.

Quote:

> 3. When I try to create a MINING MODEL using the data
> mining model wizard (SQL SERVER) and the Data Transmission
> Package, i DO NOT get a list of the possible databases
> that i can use (even though they are present and i can
> manipulate them in the analysis manager), and i DO NOT get
> a list of possible data mining algortihms to choose
> from... one of the solutions for this problem on the
> internet was to download microsoft SP 2, but it did not
> work. any suggestions?

[Raman] This is most likely due to a bad/corrupt install. As suggested by
Jamie in another thread, you should try re-installing SP3.

Data mining using SQL server,problems with Data mining model wizard

Post by Peter Kim [MS » Wed, 23 Apr 2003 07:21:06

Still, it looks to me that some of the dll/rll were corrupted.
Could you please reapply SP3 (SP2 should be okay to fix
the problem, but SP3 has more fixes including what SP2 has).

Not sure what provider the Angoss control is using, but
it should be MSOLAP that is our integrated provider
for both OLEDB for DM and OLAP. MSDMine
implements OLEDB for DM, but please note that it
is our internal provider and may not be available in the
future release.

--
Peter Kim
purposes only.

Quote:> I am trying to make a (data mining) association rule
> mining software (applying it to a supermarkets database)
> using SQL SERVER, OLE DB DM and VISUAL BASIC 6.0.
> I had a few questions and was hoping that someone could
> help me regarding SQL server:

> 1. I have seem to have downloaded all the programs
> necessary to run and create the mining model but am facing
> problems: Where am i to SAVE all these downloads that i
> need to run my association rule software with? in one
> folder? in the C:PROGRAM FILES FOLDER? or should i make a
> separate folder for them all? downloads include MDAC 2.7,
> angoss visualization tools etc...

> 2. What PROVIDERS are necessary to run an association rule
> mining program? The error i keep getting when i use SQL
> server 2000 (using DTS and angoss visualization tools, ole
> db) is "LOOK FOR MSDMine..." where can i find it so i can
> download it? what are the default providers that you get
> with SQL SERVER AND OLE DB DM?

> 3. When I try to create a MINING MODEL using the data
> mining model wizard (SQL SERVER) and the Data Transmission
> Package, i DO NOT get a list of the possible databases
> that i can use (even though they are present and i can
> manipulate them in the analysis manager), and i DO NOT get
> a list of possible data mining algortihms to choose
> from... one of the solutions for this problem on the
> internet was to download microsoft SP 2, but it did not
> work. any suggestions?

1. problems with Data mining model wizard

I am trying to make a data mining association rule mining
software (using a super market data base) using SQL
SERVER, OLE DB DM and VISUAL BASIC 6.0.
I had a few questions and was hoping that someone could
help me:

1. I have seem to have downloaded all the programs
necessary to run and create the mining model but am facing
problems: Where am i to SAVE all these downloads that i
need to run my association rule software with? in one
folder? in the C:PROGRAM FILES FOLDER? or should i make a
separate folder for them all? programs suck as MDAC 2.7,
visualixation tools etc

2. What PROVIDERS are necessary to run an association rule
mining program? The error i keep getting when i use SQL
server 2000 (using DTS and angoss visualization tools, ole
db) is "LOOK FOR MSDMine..." where can i find it so i can
download it? what are the default providers that you get
with SQL SERVER AND OLE DB DM?

3. When I try to create a MINING MODEL using analysis
services (SQL SERVER) and the Data Transmission Package, i
DO NOT get a list of the possible databases that i can use
(even though they are present and i can manipulate them in
the analysis manager), and i DO NOT get a list of possible
data mining algortihms... one of the solutions for this
problem on the internet was to download microsoft SP 2,
but it did not work.any suggestions?

2. HELP!!! Calling forms inside Delphi 2.0 OLE servers

3. Prediction using OLAP Data Mining Model and Data Cubes

4. Is ther ea way to Query the Windoes Username in SQL SP (When logged in with Local username)

5. Problems Using the Data Mining Model Browser

6. ReportSmith 3.0 Master/Detail Reports

7. refresh data in a data mining model

8. Definition techniques using ESQL-C

9. Mining model using relational data

10. Using the Data Mining Model Browser

11. sql data mining wizard

12. Data Wharehouse - Data Mining - Data Stage - ......