Trigger Performance Checks

Post by Elyse Pettifor » Fri, 08 Sep 2000 04:37:46

Hi,

Does anyone know how to check Trigger performance and an execution plan
using Query Analyzer?

I only know how to check Select statements.

Thanks a bunch
Elyse

Trigger Performance Checks

Post by Tibor Karasz » Fri, 08 Sep 2000 19:27:05

Use Query Analyzer to execute a modification statement while you have turned on
"Query", "Display Execution Plan".
Also use SET STATISTICS IO ON.

--
Tibor Karaszi, SQL Server MVP

Quote:> Hi,

> Does anyone know how to check Trigger performance and an execution plan
> using Query Analyzer?

> I only know how to check Select statements.

> Thanks a bunch
> Elyse

1. check if value exist in other column before insert Constraint (or trigger)

Hi,
First a short intro:

Simplified I have a table with 2 dates (see below) where the second
(dateTwo) can't exist without the existence of the first (dateOne). I guess
it would be best to solve this with a constraint, as it is within the same
table, but I have tried for hours, but it just won't work.. please help

create table Date(
 DateId int IDENTITY primary key,
 dateOne datetime null,
 dateTwo datetime null,)

Thanks
Rasmus

2. fields from a sql statment

3. trigger to check for infinite recursion

4. SQL Statement to display total rows

5. Trigger to check infinite recursion

6. what the heck does "errors occurred" mean?

7. Trigger to check a foreign key without using foreign key

8. Can an account login with either "/" or username/password?

9. Check trigger execution sequence

10. Triggers and table check constraint

11. Trigger to check a foreign key without using foreign key

12. "Delete check" or trigger

13. trigger closes cursor when check constraint stops update