Cannot resolve collation conflict for %ls operation.????

Cannot resolve collation conflict for %ls operation.????

Post by Ali » Sun, 23 Mar 2003 02:22:12

I get the above error on the following query

Why is this and how can I resolve it

Thanks for all the help

Alison

SELECT DISTINCT dbo.InvWarehouse.StockCode
FROM  dbo.InvWarehouse LEFT OUTER JOIN
               APS_A.dbo.FactoryOrder ON
InvWarehouse.StockCode = APS_A.dbo.FactoryOrder.PartNo
WHERE (APS_A.dbo.FactoryOrder.QtyExpected = 0 OR
               APS_A.dbo.FactoryOrder.QtyExpected IS NULL)
AND (APS_A.dbo.FactoryOrder.OrderStatus <> 5 OR
              APS_A.dbo.FactoryOrder.OrderStatus IS NULL)
OR
               (APS_A.dbo.FactoryOrder.OrderStatus = 5) OR
               (APS_A.dbo.FactoryOrder.OrderStatus IS NULL)
GROUP BY InvWarehouse.StockCode
HAVING (SUM(InvWarehouse.QtyOnHand) = 0) AND (SUM
(InvWarehouse.QtyAllocated) = 0) AND (SUM
(InvWarehouse.QtyOnOrder) = 0) AND
               (SUM(InvWarehouse.QtyOnBackOrder) = 0) AND
(SUM(InvWarehouse.QtyAllocatedWip) = 0) OR
               (SUM(InvWarehouse.QtyOnHand) = 0) AND (SUM
(InvWarehouse.QtyAllocated) = 0) AND (SUM
(InvWarehouse.QtyOnBackOrder) = 0) AND
               (SUM(InvWarehouse.QtyAllocatedWip) = 0) AND
(SUM(InvWarehouse.QtyOnOrder) = 0)

Cannot resolve collation conflict for %ls operation.????

Post by Anith Se » Sun, 23 Mar 2003 02:33:17

Apparently the collation setup for the database APS_A is different from the
local database. As a quick solution you can use the COLLATE clause in your
predicates to do the joins. To identify the collation of the APS_A database,
run sp_helpsort. See details about SQL collations and COLLATE clause in SQL
Server Books Online.

--
- Anith
(Please respond only to newsgroups)

Cannot resolve collation conflict for %ls operation.????

Post by Alison Hil » Sun, 23 Mar 2003 04:43:52

Thanks for that.

How do you use the collate?

Alison

Quote:> Apparently the collation setup for the database APS_A is different from
the
> local database. As a quick solution you can use the COLLATE clause in your
> predicates to do the joins. To identify the collation of the APS_A
database,
> run sp_helpsort. See details about SQL collations and COLLATE clause in
SQL
> Server Books Online.

> --
> - Anith
> (Please respond only to newsgroups)

Cannot resolve collation conflict for %ls operation.????

Post by Ali » Tue, 25 Mar 2003 16:48:07

Not to worry - it works

Thanks for you help

Quote:>> predicates to do the joins. To identify the collation
of the APS_A
>database,
>> run sp_helpsort. See details about SQL collations and
COLLATE clause in
>SQL
>> Server Books Online.

>> --
>> - Anith
>> (Please respond only to newsgroups)

>.

1. Cannot resolve collation conflict for equal to operation

I get this error on the following line:

The #PayList table looks like this:

CREATE TABLE #PayList
(
PL_ID [smallint] IDENTITY (1, 1) NOT NULL ,
PL_COName varchar(50),
PL_Desc varchar(100),
PL_Remarks varchar(200),
PL_PlannedDate SmallDateTime,
PL_Amount Numeric(9,2),
PL_PocketAmount Numeric(9,2),
PL_Qty SmallInt,
PL_SNID int,
PL_IsAdvance bit,
PL_Income bit,
PL_IsMedic bit,
PL_IsHousing bit,
PL_Category varchar(50),
PL_SubCat varchar(50)
)

I looked in google groups and this error mostly applies when using
different servers, but this is on the same server.  And it's a very
straightforward select statement.

What would be wrong?

--
Kind regards,

Stijn Verrept.

2. filter cube base data

3. Cannot resolve collation conflict for equal to operation.

4. Triggers/Rules?

5. Problems with order by, limit, and indices

6. Cannot resolve collation conflict for equal to operation

7. repository ..URGENT ..plzz help ..newbie question

8. Cannot resolve collation conflict for equal to operation.

9. Cannot resolve collation conflict for equal to operation

10. resolve collation conflict for equal to operation?????