filter cube base data

Post by Phil Swartzel » Wed, 24 Oct 2001 06:04:56

I only want records with a null in a certain field to be viewable from one
of my cubes.  How can I tell Olap to only process records in which this
column is null?

I am using SQL Server 7.

Phil

filter cube base data

Post by Doug Welz » Thu, 25 Oct 2001 00:21:37

Create a view over your fact table that doesn't include these records.

Doug

> I only want records with a null in a certain field to be viewable from one
> of my cubes.  How can I tell Olap to only process records in which this
> column is null?

> I am using SQL Server 7.

> Phil

1. filtering base cube data

How can I create a cube so that the only records it "sees" are ones with a
certain value in a certain field?  I am trying to set up a set of 3 cubes,
one that has value X in field 1, another has value Y, another has value Z.
How can I set this up?  And yes, they do need to be seperate cubes as far as
I can tell.  The fact table is the same, but each cube will have different
dimensions based upon that one column

thanks
Phil

2. SQL Server object compare tool

3. how to limit a share dimension in a cube to only return base a filter

4. Upgrade SQL Server 7 from NT 4 box.

5. How to filter cube data

6. Access Publishing to a SQL Server subscriber?

7. Filter DW Data while loading in cube

8. Error 3023 - Cannot backup db and truncate log

9. Creating a Virtual Cube based on a slice of another cube

10. virtual cube based on a single cube

11. drill through to data base from cubes

12. Communicating between data base and applications on a central data base or distr