Win 2K SP3 and SQL 2K MDAC install problem

Win 2K SP3 and SQL 2K MDAC install problem

Post by James Sabo » Sun, 06 Oct 2002 03:42:18

Hi All,

I am having a problem with the MDAC portion a new SQL
install on a fresh Win 2K sp3 server.

The installer is quitting with a -1 error code.

I am attaching the log.

Thanks for your help.

  dasetup.log
19K Download

Win 2K SP3 and SQL 2K MDAC install problem

Post by Dinesh.T.K » Sun, 06 Oct 2002 03:45:37

James,

Try the setup after deleting a registry key. I have listed the suggestions
in:
http://www.tkdinesh.com/faq/ans/MDACerr.html

Dinesh, SQL Server MVP
SQL Server FAQ at
http://www.tkdinesh.com

Quote:> Hi All,

> I am having a problem with the MDAC portion a new SQL
> install on a fresh Win 2K sp3 server.

> The installer is quitting with a -1 error code.

> I am attaching the log.

> Thanks for your help.

1. Unable to install SQL 7 on Win 2K proffessional and Win 2K server both

Need help here please. We are trying to install SQL 7. We first tried
on a machine which had Win 2K Proff but with no success. We then tried
to install on a machine which has Win 2K Server, but are getting the
following error message:

"wzcnfpct.exe" The applicaiton failed to initialize properly. A
non-fatal error occurred while registering an ActivX exe

and after this the installation aborts

Any clues will be highly appreciated

Thanks

2. 'query time out ' of LogRead task

3. SP 3 for Sql 2k sp2 WIN 2K SP3

4. chkdsk on SQL Server

5. MSDE 2k SP3 Install Problem on Win 98

6. Database suspect status: Error: 3624, 9004, 3314, 9001,3313, 3414

7. SQL Setup dies - SQL 2K EE on WIN 2K Cluster

8. NJ Sr. Oracle DB Analyst

9. Win 2k Adv Srv, SQL 2k Std Edt and SQL SP1 on cluster

10. SQL Server 2K on Win 2k Server DSN issue

11. SQL Server 2K on Win 2K Pro

12. SQL 2K Fails on Win 2K Cluster

13. Win NT to Win 2K Clean install with SQL 7.0