SQL2000 & Firewall thru ASP page

Post by Mark Robert » Wed, 05 Dec 2001 05:38:11

Hi,

We have an ASP page that updates a table in an SQL2000 server. This worked
fine until we installed a firewall. The firewall has been setup to allow
traffic to the DMZ (web server side) on port 1433, but when running the page
we get a server host cannot be found error.

The firewall NAT's the public IP to a private 172.16.x.x IP, and wondered if
it is the private IP that the SQL server is trying to respond to?

If anyone knows what the solution to getting our page working through the
firewall, I would be very grateful.

thanks in advance

Mark

SQL2000 & Firewall thru ASP page

Post by Carlos Eduardo Roja » Thu, 06 Dec 2001 09:01:53

have you tried to connect to sql server using query analyzer from the iis
server ?? Maybe try creating an alias (specifying the ip address and the tcp
port) and then use this alias from your apps (query analyzer, connection
strings, etc).

--
HTH
Carlos Eduardo Rojas
Author: SQL Server Programming By Example
http://www.sqlserverbyexample.com

Quote:> Hi,

> We have an ASP page that updates a table in an SQL2000 server. This worked
> fine until we installed a firewall. The firewall has been setup to allow
> traffic to the DMZ (web server side) on port 1433, but when running the
page
> we get a server host cannot be found error.

> The firewall NAT's the public IP to a private 172.16.x.x IP, and wondered
if
> it is the private IP that the SQL server is trying to respond to?

> If anyone knows what the solution to getting our page working through the
> firewall, I would be very grateful.

> thanks in advance

> Mark

SQL2000 & Firewall thru ASP page

Post by Chris Skorlinski ( » Sat, 08 Dec 2001 12:27:53

Hi Mark,

Check out the following Microsoft Knowledge Base article.

  Q287932 INF: TCP Ports for Communication to SQL Server Through Firewall
  http://support.microsoft.com/support/kb/articles/q287/9/32.asp

Best of Luck,

Chris Skorlinski, MCDBA
Microsoft SQL Server Support

reserved.

1. SQL2000 & firewall though ASP page

Hi,

We have an ASP page that updates a table in an SQL2000 server. This worked
fine until we installed a firewall. The firewall has been setup to allow
traffic to the DMZ (web server side) on port 1433, but when running the page
we get a server host cannot be found error.

The firewall NAT's the public IP to a private 172.16.x.x IP, and wondered if
it is the private IP that the SQL server is trying to respond to?

If anyone knows what the solution to getting our page working through the
firewall, I would be very grateful.

thanks in advance

Mark

2. Writeback in dimension

3. error while connecting to sql server from asp page thru odbc

4. GlobalDateTime (GDT)

5. Performance: Paging recordsets via SQL2000/ASP

6. Senior Level Oracle DBA Opportunity

7. Pb droit d'accès Cube Analysis services (SQL2000) via page ASP

8. unable to start up informix

9. Error when connecting SQL2000&ASP

10. Crystal reports & ASP pages (open objects setting)

11. Executing DTS via ASP & web page

12. ASP & ADO Paging against Oracle - (no) Performance

13. OLE DB Port Thru Firewall