Mapped drives with Server Agent

Post by Paul » Sat, 23 Jun 2001 21:13:53

Hi

Our SQL 7 server has stopped having the ability to map a drive using the
server agent.

The way it has been working for the last few month, is that the job,
runs a bat file which maps the drive, copys a file acros and then
deletes the mapping.

The bat works fine if run in a dos window, but produces,
"System error 1312 has occurred.      A specified logon session does not
exist.  It may already have    been terminated. "

at the create mapped drive command
"C:\WINNT\system32>cmd /c net use p: \\tmcpen23-lgn\f$  /user:holmes
password"

Somthing has obviously happened, but nothing we can put our finger on,
we have created a seperate job to call and this also fails, tried stop
starting sql and re-booting the nt, but to no avail.

Any body give us any pointers?

Paul Holmes

1. SQL Server Agent & Mapped Drives

I have a dts package which checks for existing files whose names it pulls
out of a database.  The problem is that these files reside on another server
on the network which is accessed via a mapped path.  The package runs great
when it is run as within Enterprise Manager, but when SQL agent runs it, it
fails to locate the files at all.  I read on MS's KB that SQL Agent has
different access privileges, so I attempted to assign it read/write
privileges to the mapped drive, but that did not work either.

My question is if anyone has successfully accessed a mapped path via SQL
Agent, or if you know how to do so.  I appreciate any help on this matter.

Oliver

2. Btrieve DOS workstation 6.15 and Error 81 with Windows95 prompt only

3. SQL Server & mapped drives

4. Defrag

5. MS Service for NDS causing drive mapping/server name resolution to fail

6. Problems with Joins, and really weird solution

7. Linked Server to MS Access Database Using Mapped Drive

8. DBGrid column widths

9. Mapped Drive required to connect to SQL Server

10. pgsql/src/backend/utils/mb/Unicode (UCS_to_8859.pl iso8859_2_to_utf8.map iso8859_3_to_utf8.map iso8859_4_to_utf8.map iso8859_5_to_utf8.map utf8_to_iso8859_2.map utf8_to_iso8859_3.map utf8_to_iso8859_4.map utf8_to_iso8859_5.map)

11. drive mapping problem after installing sql server service pack 3

12. How to map backup drive on the server

13. Help me Please! Mapping drive to server