Ann: Microsoft SQL Server DTS: Tips and Tricks Using Data Transformation Services chat

Post by Jana Carter [MS » Wed, 27 Feb 2002 08:22:00

Chat with PASS and Microsoft Experts on:

Microsoft SQL Server DTS: Tips and Tricks Using Data Transformation Services

Join February's monthly chat on SQL Server and bring your questions about using DTS. If you have a question about optimizing DTS, troubleshooting your DTS packages, or looking for the best way to use DTS in your business scenario, this chat is for you!

Date: Wednesday, February 27, 2002, 10:00 AM - 11:00 AM Pacific Time (18:00 - 19:00 GMT)

Chat URL: http://microsoft.com/technet/itcommunity/chats/

1. Btrieve to SQL Server using Data Transformation Services and Data Direct ODBC Driver

I've created a Data Transformation Services package in Enterprise
Manager that has a Transform Data Task to convert Btrieve 6.15 records
to SQL Server 2000 rows. When I execute the package from within
Enterprise Manager, the task works fine. However, when I schedule the
job to run thru the SQL Server agent, the task fails with the message
"[MERANT][ODBC Btrieve driver][Btrieve]The Record Manager is not
loaded." The only way I can get the task to execute as a scheduled job
is to bring up my DDF Builder utility while I'm running the job, in
which case the task executes successfully.

Except for the Btrieve data on an NT server, everything is on my
Windows 2000 machine (SQL database, DTS package).  I'm using the
"MERANT DataDirect Connect ODBC Version 4.00 for Windows" driver, and
the Btrieve data is retrieved using the Btrieve 6.15 for Windows NT
Server Edition.

2. Book on SQL Server 7 Performance Tuning

3. Microsoft Data Transformation Service(DTS) Package Error

4. ACCESS: HELLLP!!

5. Data transformation from SQL Server 7.0 to Oracle 8.0 using DTS

6. restore ndf to SQL server

7. from SQL 7 NT to SQL 7 Windows 98 - Win 98 with DTS Data Transformation Services

8. How to use the Euro Symbol

9. Data Transformation from MS SQL Server 7.0 to Oracle 8.0 using DTS

10. microsoft data transformation services

11. SQL6.5 to SQL 7.0 using Data transformation services does not copy indexes etc over

12. SQL Server 7.0 - Data Transformation Services - backing up?

13. DTS (Data Transformation Services) issue