Jobs looks like working But reports as failing

Jobs looks like working But reports as failing

Post by Ryan » Sat, 20 Oct 2001 01:51:32

I have Database Maitenance Plan that backup the database and transaction
log.  The db backup job for the plan works, but the transaction log backup
part of the job fails.  If I look in the directory where the files are
supposed to be the .trn from that job are there.  Has anybody had any
experience with sort of behavior?  What could be causing this?

Jobs looks like working But reports as failing

Post by Vishal Ana » Sat, 20 Oct 2001 09:29:35

Check out the sqlagent.out file for more info and post the error message as
it might give us more info on the problem

Regards
Vishal Anand
Microsoft SQL Server Support

Of course, this posting wouldn't be complete without a nice, juicy
disclaimer from our lawyers:  This posting is provided "AS IS" with no
warranties, and confers no rights. You assume all risk for your use. ? 2001
Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.

Jobs looks like working But reports as failing

Post by Ryan » Sat, 20 Oct 2001 22:57:32

That is one of the problems is that I can't find an error message and the
sqlagent.out file doesn't tell me anything.  If I check the SQL Server Logs
is says that the log was backed up and  everything was good.  No error
message any where, but if I go look at my job in Enterprise Manager under
SQL Server Agent it says the job failed and I get a e-mail notice that it
failed.

Quote:> Check out the sqlagent.out file for more info and post the error message
as
> it might give us more info on the problem

> Regards
> Vishal Anand
> Microsoft SQL Server Support

> Of course, this posting wouldn't be complete without a nice, juicy
> disclaimer from our lawyers:  This posting is provided "AS IS" with no
> warranties, and confers no rights. You assume all risk for your use. ?
2001
> Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.

Jobs looks like working But reports as failing

Post by Ryan » Sun, 21 Oct 2001 00:15:35

I found an error message it is: sqlmaint.exe failed. [SQLSTATE 42000] (Error
22029).

Quote:> Check out the sqlagent.out file for more info and post the error message
as
> it might give us more info on the problem

> Regards
> Vishal Anand
> Microsoft SQL Server Support

> Of course, this posting wouldn't be complete without a nice, juicy
> disclaimer from our lawyers:  This posting is provided "AS IS" with no
> warranties, and confers no rights. You assume all risk for your use. ?
2001
> Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.

Jobs looks like working But reports as failing

Post by Vishal Ana » Sun, 21 Oct 2001 02:39:49

If you edit the job that takes the transaction log backup, in the advanced
tab their is a log file option add a file name to it and run the job once
it fails basically it will creater a log file and give more info

Regards
Vishal Anand
Microsoft SQL Server Support

Of course, this posting wouldn't be complete without a nice, juicy
disclaimer from our lawyers:  This posting is provided "AS IS" with no
warranties, and confers no rights. You assume all risk for your use. ? 2001
Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.

1. Looking for part time work in Oracle Dev 2000 (Forms/ Reports), PL/SQL

You are looking at a message initiated by an individual who has the
following:
- Over 6 years of computing experience.
- BS and MS in Engineerring
- Experience in
   - Oracle Forms 4.5
   - Oracle Reports 2.5
   - PL/SQL
   - DBA activities (Oracle server running on HP-UX), Personal Oracle7
   - Designer 2000 (Reverse Engineering, Functional and Data Modelling)
   - Location - Houston, TX
   - Job status - Holding a permanent job
   - Visa status - Permant Resident / Green Card
   - Interested in getting part time projects.

Please use the "Subject" area to summarize your intentions.

Thanks.
Raj.

2. Attention: ShowCase STRATEGY Users

3. DTS Works and Fails as job

4. Pro*C Oracle IntraNet Development Lead 3mos SC

5. SQL Jobs failing with Token Error but code works fine in Query Analyser

6. First few characters in a field

7. Looking for a Part Time Job using Oracle Products (Developer , forms, reports)

8. clustering and defaults in enterprise manager

9. Scheduled Jobs on Linked Servers work then fail

10. DTS scheduled job reports success but fails

11. File Load DTS Job reports success and is actually failing

12. SQL Agent Job reports failure but works successfully...

13. JOBS JOBS JOBS JOBS JOBS JOBS JOBS JOBS JOBS