DTS transfer dabase Diagrams

Post by Chi-Ming Yan » Mon, 31 May 1999 04:00:00

Hi there,
     I used MS DTS to transfer database from MS SQL 7.0 to MS SQL 7.0.  It
worked. But, the datasbe diagrams were not transfered. How can I transfer
diagrams?

Thanks

DTS transfer dabase Diagrams

Post by JRSte » Tue, 01 Jun 1999 04:00:00

On Sun, 30 May 1999 11:07:41 -0400, "Chi-Ming Yang"

>     I used MS DTS to transfer database from MS SQL 7.0 to MS SQL 7.0.  It
>worked. But, the datasbe diagrams were not transfered. How can I transfer
>diagrams?

The rows for diagrams are kept in msdb.  I've hacked around a little
there, wrote a renamediagram procedure that worked.  A little messing
around, copying rows into the new msdb, will probably do the trick.

Post it here if you get the chance!

Joshua Stern

1. DTS -- how to transfer a diagram (FOLLOW-UP)

We have succeeded in transferring diagrams from one database to another,
except for one thing: the diagram links layout.
Here's what happens:
The source diagram has a particular layout... after copying the diagram to
the target database, I
open the diagram and initially, as it's building up the tables and
links, they are laid out in exctaly the same way as in the source
diagram. GREAT... but as soon as all the objects on the diagram are
displayed, the links are redrawn to their defaults, which messes up the
layout entirely (tables, on the other hand, stay in place).
Something tells me that the initial layout is saved along with the
diagram definition but some flag invokes some kind of "auto-arrange
links" function.
Does anyone know more about this?
Thanks a lot in advance.

-- Hans
TEA Software Development Division

2. can't create default sql server database

3. MS DTS transfer Database diagram?

4. omniback

5. DTS Error - diagrams do not transfer properly

6. Looking for info on db synch

7. DTS-how to transfer a diagram?

8. Create a complex report from a database, HOW?

9. File Transfer Protocol Task in DTS - How can I change transfer mode from Binary to Ascii

10. Transferring Database Diagrams

11. Database diagram import/transfer

12. Transfer of Diagram

13. Transferring database diagrams.