On Mon, 01 Apr 2002 14:18:43 -0600, Les Caudle
1. SQL Mail - Failed to start SQL Mail session
I have followed the previous threads on the subject and can't get SQL Mail
to work with an Outlook Internet service on the same machine. (I haven't
got it to work with anything else either, as Internet mail is all I have :-)
I am set up like this (names changed to protect the guilty).
Logged into NT 4. as "adminguy" with password "adminpass".
SQL Server configured for "NT Security".
"Profile Name" in Outlook "adminguy".
The "adminguy" Outlook profile has only the "Internet mail" Service.
"adminguy's" Internet mail is working and he is able to send and receive
mail and I've left Outlook open!
In the SQL Setup, I provide the "Profile Name" of "adminguy".
The documentation shows other fields including password, etc., but with SQL
Server 6.5, I can't find these - only "profile name".
Now when I try to start the service, I get the following error in the log:
98/03/24 15:56:36.02 ods MAPI login failure.
98/03/24 15:56:36.02 ods Error : 17951, Severity: 18, State: 1
98/03/24 15:56:36.02 ods Failed to start SQL Mail session.
Where have I gone wrong? Help please.
3. Failed to start SQL Mail session
4. Copying a database in SQL Server
5. Error 17952 Failed to Start SQL Mail Session
7. Error 17952: Failed to start SQL Mail Session - HELP PLEASE
9. Failed to start SQL Mail session. Check the errorlog file in the SQL Server directory for details
10. failed to start mail session
11. Mail Session failed to start
12. SQL Mail test fails with MAPILogonEx error, SQL Mail starts only when Outlook open
13. Configuring SQL Server 6.0 to Start Microsoft Mail Session