sp_addumpdevice with non-sa account?

Post by Tony Burne » Tue, 24 Feb 1998 04:00:00

I need to have a client process create dump devices; however, I've discoverd
that only the SA can use sp_addumpdevice.  Any suggestions for a work-around?
Tony Burnett

sp_addumpdevice with non-sa account?

Post by Neil Pik » Tue, 24 Feb 1998 04:00:00

Tony,

 You could copy the text to another stored-procedure and remove the
code that checks for sa.  Or you could just remove the check.
Obviously there are upgrade/compatibility issues with doing either of
these.

 Neil Pike MVP/MCSE
 Protech Computing Ltd

sp_addumpdevice with non-sa account?

Post by Sergei Didu » Tue, 24 Feb 1998 04:00:00

There is internal logic in sp_addumpdevice SP, that allows only SA run it.
(you must be System Administrator (SA) to execute this stored procedure).
Try to write your own version.
--
Sergei Didur
Systems Analyst

Quote:> I need to have a client process create dump devices; however, I've

Post by Tony Burne » Wed, 25 Feb 1998 04:00:00

> You could copy the text to another stored-procedure and remove the
>code that checks for sa.  Or you could just remove the check.
>Obviously there are upgrade/compatibility issues with doing either of
>these.

That was the only solution I could come up with as well.  I just might have to
take that approach.

Tony Burnett