Publishing data

Post by Jonn » Fri, 25 Apr 2003 23:02:27

Hi,

I have two identical databases, one i work in, and the other is just an
interface to a webapplication. The webapplication only reads from the
database.

I have an windows application which works with the first database, once in a
week i want the data from the database placed in the webapplications
database.

Is there a simple way to do this, or should i use replication?

Thanks a lot,

Jonne

Publishing data

Post by Rodney Mullin » Fri, 25 Apr 2003 23:09:57

Either use DTS Packages or Set up Replication.. There are pros and cons to
doing either.

Rodney Mullins

Quote:> Hi,

> I have two identical databases, one i work in, and the other is just an
> interface to a webapplication. The webapplication only reads from the
> database.

> I have an windows application which works with the first database, once in
> week i want the data from the database placed in the webapplications
> database.

> Is there a simple way to do this, or should i use replication?

> Thanks a lot,

> Jonne

Publishing data

Post by Jonn » Fri, 25 Apr 2003 23:39:11

Tnx for the quick reply,

I now have a dts package set up, that copys the tables from one db to the
other. I execute this package from my appplication, is this the way to go?

Thanks a lot.

Jonne

> Either use DTS Packages or Set up Replication.. There are pros and cons to
> doing either.

> Rodney Mullins

> > Hi,

> > I have two identical databases, one i work in, and the other is just an
> > interface to a webapplication. The webapplication only reads from the
> > database.

> > I have an windows application which works with the first database, once
in
> > week i want the data from the database placed in the webapplications
> > database.

> > Is there a simple way to do this, or should i use replication?

> > Thanks a lot,

> > Jonne

Publishing data

Post by Brand » Fri, 25 Apr 2003 23:55:35

You can also use transaction log shipping (BACKUP LOG on
the live, RESTORE LOG on the mirror) and add this into
SQLAgent job at regular intervals.

Quote:>a
>> week i want the data from the database placed in the
webapplications
>> database.

>> Is there a simple way to do this, or should i use
replication?

>> Thanks a lot,

>> Jonne

>.

1. Publish data on the web

Hello there!

I use MSQL 6.5 and i want to view data on the intranet by idc scripts. I use
the same script and htx files i used before when i have a Access database.
Now i have moved that database into a MSQL 6.5 but the script does not work.
I changed the datasource parameter to the new for MSQL and i supplied the id
and password inside the idc scripts but i get the error
'State=08004][Error=18450][Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver][SQL
Server]Login failed- User: Reason: Not defined as a valid user of a trusted
SQL Server connection. ' when the script is run.'

Any idea?

Thomas Winberg
Albany Nordiskafilt AB

2. How to know whether sql Server is installed

3. Anyone been able to publish data before?

4. Components and frameworks (BC4J, EJB, COM+)

5. Multimedia Tool to publish data from SQL database ???

6. Cannot write read-only file...

7. Publishing data over the internet

8. Escape single quote ( ' )??

9. Transform Published Data Wizard

10. Publishing Data on the Web

11. Tools for publishing data on the web?

12. Publishing Data on the Web