R: SQL Server 7 Training Kit

Post by Gianni Di Gregori » Sat, 10 Jul 1999 04:00:00

Hi,
I bought SqlServer Training for SQL server 6.5, but for sure I found more
useful the 'Hitchhiker guide for VB and SQL Server 6.5' and 'Inside SQL
Server 6.5' from Ms Press. Now I only use  the two same books updated to sql
7.0.
HTH

--
*********************************
       Gianni Di Gregorio

*********************************

Quote:

> Is the Microsoft Training Kit  'Microsoft SQL Server 7 Database
> Implementation Kit' a good choice for someone to learn how to develop
> SQL Server 7 applications?
> Would a book be a bette choice (list some names if possible) ?
> Would I be better off just reading the SQL Server 7 information on the
> MSDN CDs?

> Basically, is this a good kit?

> (I have developed database applications on other platforms)

> Please echo all replies to my e-mail address.

> Thanks,

> Angelo

1. SQL Server 7 Training Kit

Angelo -
It is not bad. It has a book which covers installation, db design, creating
tables and transact SQL. These have a few examples, but the book comes with
an interactive CD which I have not used.
For development of apps, you need to choose the software to use. For VB ,
the hitchhiker guide for VB and SQL Server is very good in explaining the
architectures and why, but has few examples. Any of the Wrox books are
decent and have a good number of examples.

For other books, I tend to read the reviews on Amazon before I buy. Also,
the sales figures tend to tell you how well a book is doing in the developer
community.

Good luck,

Lon Weiss

2. user32.dll failure

3. Microsoft Press SQL Server Training kit $125

4. ESQL/C in ORACLE: bug ??

5. FA SQL SERVER 7.0 DATABASE TRAINING KIT

6. SQL7 backup to mapped drive

7. SQL SERVER 7.0 DATABASE TRAINING KIT

8. HRMS & Discoverer

9. FS: MCSE MSPress SQL Server Training Kit -- $99

10. FA on Ebay SQL SERVER 7.0 DATABASE TRAINING KIT

11. Microsoft Sql Server Training : Hands-On, Self-Paced Training for Microsoft Sql Server Version 6.5