XP Logon screen shows unread email...when no email exists

XP Logon screen shows unread email...when no email exists

Post by Ben » Mon, 09 Jun 2003 09:24:24

I dont' know what the problem is, but when I log on to my
computer it shows I have unread mail. Yet I have no
MAIL.  Any ideas?  How can I remove this?

XP Logon screen shows unread email...when no email exists

Post by Jasper Smit » Tue, 10 Jun 2003 15:45:20

You would be better asking this in a windows xp group,
this group is for SQL Server security.

microsoft.public.sqlserver.general

But here's a KB that explains how the unread mail works

Overview of the Mail Notification Display
on the Windows XP Welcome Screen
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;304148

--
HTH

Jasper Smith (SQL Server MVP)

I support PASS - the definitive, global
community for SQL Server professionals -
http://www.sqlpass.org

Quote:> I dont' know what the problem is, but when I log on to my
> computer it shows I have unread mail. Yet I have no
> MAIL.  Any ideas?  How can I remove this?

XP Logon screen shows unread email...when no email exists

Post by Jasper Smit » Wed, 11 Jun 2003 03:59:44

DOH !
I meant microsoft.public.windowsxp.general

--
HTH

Jasper Smith (SQL Server MVP)

I support PASS - the definitive, global
community for SQL Server professionals -
http://www.sqlpass.org

You would be better asking this in a windows xp group,
this group is for SQL Server security.

microsoft.public.sqlserver.general

But here's a KB that explains how the unread mail works

Overview of the Mail Notification Display
on the Windows XP Welcome Screen
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;304148

--
HTH

Jasper Smith (SQL Server MVP)

I support PASS - the definitive, global
community for SQL Server professionals -
http://www.sqlpass.org

Quote:> I dont' know what the problem is, but when I log on to my
> computer it shows I have unread mail. Yet I have no
> MAIL.  Any ideas?  How can I remove this?

1. Sending Email for logon failures

Leon Parker

I was able to create a trigger on the table but once its created the
trace gives me an error message and no longer writes to the table. If I
create the table and the trigger on the table first, and then try
creating the trace using the table that I just created, Profiler says
that the table already exist and if I'd like to overwrite the existing
table, if I say no, then it wants me to recreate another table, if I say
yes, then it removes the trigger that I have on the table.  Can anyone
help?

2. FK Constraints

3. TORONTO: Informix & New Era positions x 4

4. Send emails to all email addresses on my database

5. 16 bit client liscense problem

6. Can you use SQL to receive emails and send automated reply emails

7. Stored Procedure Editor ??

8. email shot to list of email address in database

9. An attempt was made to send an email when no email session has been established

10. How to keep copy of sended email in send box of email profile

11. Emailing SQL Server Backup Failures without Microsoft Email

12. Format content of email when send email with object of CDONTS