I've been running some olap applications for a while and everything
seems to be working quite well. The server is a w2k machine with sql
server 2000 (not enterprise edition).
My problem is that whe're switching to XP on the server and all of a
sudden the cubes are unavailable for my applications. After studying
some discussions I found out that:
1. on a w2k server the anonymous logon is mapped to the NT
AUTHORITY\ANONYMOUS LOGON user wich is a member of the global everyone
2. That does not apply on a server running XP.
I've tried to assign various users and groups in the cube roles, but
none of the available ones seems to be working.
The connect string I'm using looks something like this:
Data Source=myserver;Initial Catalog=my catalog; Provider=msolap;
SSPI=anonymous; MDX Compatibility=2;
So the question is if there is anyone who has an idea how to deal with