SQL 2000 and SQL Server 7.0

Post by AlD » Tue, 14 May 2002 23:16:19

Can I run SQL Server 2000 and SQL Server 7.0 on the same
physical machine?  Are there any known issues?  Any help
greatly appreciated.

al/

SQL 2000 and SQL Server 7.0

Post by Tibor Karasz » Tue, 14 May 2002 23:38:08

Only potential issue (that I know of) is that when you install SQL2K, you will net a new version
of MDAC.

The SQL2K will have to be a named instance, btw. And only clients with MDAC 2.6 or higher can
access named instances.

--
Tibor Karaszi, SQL Server MVP

> Can I run SQL Server 2000 and SQL Server 7.0 on the same
> physical machine?  Are there any known issues?  Any help
> greatly appreciated.

> al/

1. Pervasive.SQL 2000 vs SQL Server 7.0

Hi, my company is looking at installing an
(expensive) application that uses Pervasive.SQL
2000 as the database engine versus a competing
product that uses Microsoft SQL Server 7.0. I'm
an Access developer who is just learning to use
SQL Server 7.0, and my natural inclination is to
go the Microsoft route. Can someone comment on
the pros or cons of the products involved since I
am out of my league? Thanks!!!!

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

2. Unable to query Pervasive SQL

3. pgsql/src/backend/tcop postgres.c

4. Update NT4.0 and SQL Server 7.0 to Windows 2000 and SQL Server 2000

5. numeric and 0

6. SQL Server 2000 license overriding SQL Server 7.0 license on separate server

7. JOBS! - us-mn informix prog. or 4gl $60-125k.txt(1/1)

8. Installing SQL server 7.0 on a server with SQL server 2000

9. db_owner Role (SQL Server 7.0 v/s SQL Server 2000)

10. Migrating an SQL Server 7.0 database to an SQL Server 2000

11. SQL Server 7.0 and SQL Server 2000

12. Linking SQL Server version 7.0 to SQL Server 2000