Cant specify destination folder for SQL Server 2000 client install

Cant specify destination folder for SQL Server 2000 client install

Post by Hermann erns » Sat, 18 Jan 2003 03:24:03

Where in the install process for the sql server client can
one select the destination folder? Documentation says use
browse feature but it never appears. After the component
selection screen it says ready to install and if you hit
instead of the C drive.

Cant specify destination folder for SQL Server 2000 client install

Post by Sue Hoegemeie » Sat, 18 Jan 2003 13:33:14

There is no such option in the installation. Check the
following link for a work around.
http://www.swynk.com/friends/knight/changeprogramfiles.asp

-Sue

On Thu, 16 Jan 2003 10:24:03 -0800, "Hermann ernst"

>Where in the install process for the sql server client can
>one select the destination folder? Documentation says use
>browse feature but it never appears. After the component
>selection screen it says ready to install and if you hit
>instead of the C drive.

1. How to specify directory for SQL Server 2000 install

I have other developers that do not have enough free space on their C driver
for the SQL Server 2000 client tools install.  Is there a way to get it to
let you select where to install ?

--
HTH,
David Satz

2. SPs queryng Views vs. SPs querying Joined Tables

3. Install SQL Server 7.0 when SQL Server 2000 is installed

4. DMO to Add Server Login

5. Accessing Public Folder (Calendar exchange svr 2000) from SQL Server 2000 Using CDO

6. Oracle 8I Installation woes.

7. Triggres - Row Identity

8. SQL Server 2000 Install after Uninstalling SQL server 2000

9. I Cant install server and clients (both) on XP

10. MDAC Installation problems - Trying to install only SQL SERVER 2000 Client Tools

11. Unable to install SQL server 2000 client (namely, MMC)

12. SQL 6.5 client install on Windows 2000 Server