Permission denied,..., owner dbo

Post by Hans » Fri, 30 Jun 2000 04:00:00

Hello,

The below is the error message when I execute query using isql/w in
Windows 95.

CREATE TABLE permission denied, database pilotprj, owner dbo

pilotprj database has two users already registered in SQL server.
  dbo
  hans <- I registered it to the database User/group.

hans is the user account in Windows NT server which runs SQL 6.5 Server.

Permission Granting doesn't work whenever I tried Enterprise Manager.
Only Grant pending is acceptable.

What should I do?

Welcome any information.

Sincerely,
Hans

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

1. URGENT! SELECT permission denied on object (owner = dbo) when connecting as dbo

In SQL Server 7.0 having a problem selecting from a table who's owner is dbo.
With the Query analyzer I'm connecting to the database with login dbo. When I
try to select from the customer table, I get the following error:

SELECT permission denied on object 'Customer', database 'MyDatabase', owner
'dbo'.

If I connect with the login sa then I can select no problem.

ANY HELP IS GREATLY APPRECIATED!!!   Here's more info about my setup:

The owner of the database is sa.
The owner of all the tables in the database is dbo.

Under server\security logins I have the following logins created:

NAME   TYPE     ACCESS  DEFAULT-DB  USER  Language
sa   standard   permit  master       dbo  english
dbo  standard   permit  master            english

Under server\databases\MyDatabase\USERS I have the following users:

NAME   LOGIN NAME       Database Access
=======================================
dbo     sa              permit
guest                   permit

2. windows default beep when switching between controls

3. maintenance.exe error: SELECT permission denied on object 'sysdbmaintplans', database 'msdb', owner 'dbo'.

4. About get the value in datagird

5. EXECUTE permission denied on object 'sp_sdidebug', database 'master', owner 'dbo' [from ASP.NET]

6. What are the System Procs with name beginning with 'dt_' used for

7. ODBC Drivers error '80040e09' EXECUTE permission denied on object [blah], database [blah], owner dbo

8. using a data control with a shared connection

9. HELP Please -> SELECT permission denied on object location, database intro, owner dbo

10. EXECUTE Permission denied...What Execute permission????

11. Allow add new records permission but deny all other permission on a table

12. How to change database owner from dbo

13. newbie question: table owner other than dbo