upgrad wizards hangs on export

Post by <stefan.dewa.. » Sat, 05 Jun 1999 04:00:00

using the upgrade wizard on 2 different machines I ran into the following
problem

Export.exe on the remote machine was hung...Export Exit Code: 259 -
export.exe -CodePage 1252 -DeviceType Pipe -AllTables yes -MasterPath
C:\MSSQL\DATA\MASTER.DAT -DatabaseName ignition_move -DevicePath
\\.\pipe\~cnvpipe0Import Exit Code: -1 - ~cnvpipe0Msg 4854, Level 21, State
1, Server OFF-TSTSQL7, Procedure , Line 1[Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server
Driver][SQL Server]****Time:06-04-1999 16:08:37.470Error return from
function CreateFilein file CnvPipe.cppLine=140rc=1326Msg=Result Code =
0x0000052e****

What I did :
1 With the 7 Client Network Utility, I made a "named pipe" connection to the
other 6.5 server
2. I started the wizard

(named pipes is installed on 6.5 machine and on 7)

nt network protocol in use = tcp/ip

1. DTS Wizard Hangs after Defining Data Export

I am using DTS Export Wizard in SQL 7.0.  When I define a
"transformation", the final window states "Completing the DTS Wizard".
From there, when I click "Back", "Finish", or "Cancel", the window does
not respond and the Enterprise Manager just 'hangs'. Also, I have
initiated this Wizard using 'Export Data' from a couple of different
origins, all with the same result.
I appreciate any insight if  someone would be kind enough to share.
Thanks.
Dennis Wixted

2. Sybase installation

3. Copy database wizard hangs

4. Distribution agent schedule - disabling itself!

5. DTS Wizard hangs

6. Primitive Set Printer Problem

7. SQL Server Upgrade Wizard Hangs. (SQL 7 RTM)

8. CA-Los Gatos-263832--MS Office-ORACLE-Database Analyst

9. SQL Upgrade Wizards hangs

10. Replication Wizard Hangs

11. Distributor Wizard Hangs

12. DTS Import Wizard hangs