Case Insensitivity

Post by Arthur Langha » Thu, 06 Sep 2001 03:46:13

Does anyone know how to install or modify a Sql Server
instance so that it's case insensitive? I can't find
anything in the help other than it's possible. Thanks!

Arthur

Case Insensitivity

Post by Arthur Langha » Thu, 06 Sep 2001 03:56:21

To clarify: for example, for a table named mytable with
field myfield I need both statements below to work:

select myfield from mytable

select MYFIELD from MYTABLE

Thanks!

Arthur

Quote:>-----Original Message-----
>Does anyone know how to install or modify a Sql Server
>instance so that it's case insensitive? I can't find
>anything in the help other than it's possible. Thanks!

>Arthur
>.

Case Insensitivity

Post by Arthur Langha » Thu, 06 Sep 2001 04:17:17

Found it. I needed to choose custom installation which
allowed me to pick a collation method. It also looks like
you can pick the collation method at the database level
(when you create a new one).

Arthur

Quote:>-----Original Message-----
>Does anyone know how to install or modify a Sql Server
>instance so that it's case insensitive? I can't find
>anything in the help other than it's possible. Thanks!

>Arthur
>.

1. Help! Case Insensitivity with SELECT..WHERE..LIKE queries

Help, anybody:

I'm trying to run a SELECT...WHERE...LIKE query on product names and
descriptions.  However, I don't know of a way to ensure that the search
is case-insensitive, as the LIKE conditions are dependent on user
input.  I need to make sure that the program returns a positive search
result when a user types in "malaysia" even if "Malaysia" is the actual
entry in the database.

I'd humbly appreciate any assistance.  Thanks.

-- Nathan
Vest Technologies
http://www.vest.com
350 Bay Street
Suite 100-123
San Francisco, CA 94133
415/986-VEST

2. IMS Database Tools

3. WP Works database converion to Paradox?

4. Case-insensitivity detected by ODBC Driver

5. Oracle 8 and ODBC provider

6. Case Insensitivity

7. Appointment 1.0v5 Beta Testers needed...

8. Case insensitivity and Trims

9. Case insensitivity, and option?

10. Case insensitivity

11. Case insensitivity in frontend queries (2nd Posting)