850 Code page translation issue in Win2K

850 Code page translation issue in Win2K

Post by V.P.Sures » Wed, 29 Jan 2003 13:44:43

My SQL Server is 7.0 Version. The Code page is 850.
Client is Win2k Professional. I Installed both US english
and Thai (Code page 874) thro' regional Options. Even made
Thai as default Language. Still Using Isqlw or Enterprise
manager if I Insert data in to table column with datatype
Varchar in thai the retrieval is not proper. i.e. While
retrieving it shows Junk data (Does not show even ? as
usually done when code page translation could not be
made). Same is working fine with WINNT. I Checked
On "Perform translation of Character data". This case is
same even when I use ODBC connectivity
How I can resolve this.

My Advance Thanks

850 Code page translation issue in Win2K

Post by Greg Linwoo » Wed, 29 Jan 2003 14:20:55

Just a couple of thoughts:

Which computer have you moved from WINNT to Win2K Pro? Is it your desktop,
or is it the server that SQL Server is running under? Perhaps SQL Server is
running on your desktop? This is all important information...

When you say you've got US English and Thai installed and Thai is default,
do you mean under your login account? And do you mean on your Client PC or
on the server computer that SQL Server is running under?

What account is SQL Server running under? (look in the Services Manager for
this). If SQL Server is running as LocalSystem, then you need to have Thai
as default for the System Locale. If SQL Server is running under a specific
user account, Thai needs to be the default for THAT account, not the one you
log in under..

HTH

Regards,
Greg Linwood

Quote:> My SQL Server is 7.0 Version. The Code page is 850.
> Client is Win2k Professional. I Installed both US english
> and Thai (Code page 874) thro' regional Options. Even made
> Thai as default Language. Still Using Isqlw or Enterprise
> manager if I Insert data in to table column with datatype
> Varchar in thai the retrieval is not proper. i.e. While
> retrieving it shows Junk data (Does not show even ? as
> usually done when code page translation could not be
> made). Same is working fine with WINNT. I Checked
> On "Perform translation of Character data". This case is
> same even when I use ODBC connectivity
> How I can resolve this.

> My Advance Thanks

850 Code page translation issue in Win2K

Post by Suresh V » Thu, 30 Jan 2003 12:28:46

Thank you
The problem which occurs is in Clinet. This client is newly installed
Win2k Professional. SQL Server is in WINNT server.

All the language setting I am referring to is only in Client (Win2k
Professional).

Same sqlserver in WINNT is used from the WINNT client there is not
problem retrieveing thai data. Only in win2k Client problem crops up.

Regards
SureshVP

Quote:>-----Original Message-----
>Just a couple of thoughts:

>Which computer have you moved from WINNT to Win2K Pro? Is
it your desktop,
>or is it the server that SQL Server is running under?

Perhaps SQL Server is
Quote:>running on your desktop? This is all important
information...

>When you say you've got US English and Thai installed and
Thai is default,
>do you mean under your login account? And do you mean on
your Client PC or
>on the server computer that SQL Server is running under?

>What account is SQL Server running under? (look in the

Services Manager for
Quote:>this). If SQL Server is running as LocalSystem, then you
need to have Thai
>as default for the System Locale. If SQL Server is

running under a specific
Quote:>user account, Thai needs to be the default for THAT

account, not the one you
>log in under..

>HTH

>Regards,
>Greg Linwood

>> My SQL Server is 7.0 Version. The Code page is 850.
>> Client is Win2k Professional. I Installed both US
english
>> and Thai (Code page 874) thro' regional Options. Even
made
>> Thai as default Language. Still Using Isqlw or
Enterprise
>> manager if I Insert data in to table column with
datatype
>> Varchar in thai the retrieval is not proper. i.e. While
>> retrieving it shows Junk data (Does not show even ? as
>> usually done when code page translation could not be
>> made). Same is working fine with WINNT. I Checked
>> On "Perform translation of Character data". This case is
>> same even when I use ODBC connectivity
>> How I can resolve this.

>> My Advance Thanks

>.

850 Code page translation issue in Win2K

Can Anyone give solution. Pl. help me.