stored proc

Post by srira » Tue, 13 May 2003 07:54:01

I need 3 sps

e.g. in BOT\Plant Systems\Storeroom Camera

BOT is Parent

PlantSystems is Parent

Stroreroom Camera is Child

GetParents - Returns following

BOT

Corporate Communication Systems

Application Systems

Corporate

GetImmChildren(String parent)

If I pass BOT it should give me all its immediate children

Web Reporting

Corporate Departmental Websites

Plant Systems

File Servers etc.

IsChild - Tells me if it is the last item

Hope I am clear

stored proc

Post by Jacco Schalkwij » Tue, 13 May 2003 11:58:46

Quote:> Hope I am clear

No, you are not, sorry.

Can you please post scripts for generating the tables (including primary and
foreign keys), scripts for inserting sample data into those tables and the
results you would like to get out of that? That will be of much help.

--
Jacco Schalkwijk MCDBA, MCSD, MCSE
Database Administrator

Quote:> I need 3 sps

> e.g. in BOT\Plant Systems\Storeroom Camera

> BOT is Parent

> PlantSystems is Parent

> Stroreroom Camera is Child

> GetParents - Returns following

> BOT

> Corporate Communication Systems

> Application Systems

> Corporate

> GetImmChildren(String parent)

> If I pass BOT it should give me all its immediate children

> Web Reporting

> Corporate Departmental Websites

> Plant Systems

> File Servers etc.

> IsChild - Tells me if it is the last item

> Hope I am clear

stored proc